Trail Ride

ItBmine

Wife and I went for another trail ride in the RTV-X1100C today. These last two torrential rains that destroyed my bush roads also destroyed all the logging roads and trails in the 40 mile radius we rode. I have never seen them this bad in the last 22 years.

On the plus side, I smiled every time it started pouring rain again and we were inside the cab, stereo and AC on, LOL

Attachments

• 20210801_165037.jpg
    20210801_165037.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210801_165451.jpg
    20210801_165451.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210801_172344.jpg
    20210801_172344.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210801_173456.jpg
    20210801_173456.jpg
    717.1 KB · Views: 4

ItBmine

May not be a speed demon, but I LOVE that low end diesel torque and hydro trans braking crawling over and through all the rock and hills.

They don't like deep mud, but if it has solid ground under it, this thing will climb anything.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love trail riding in the x1100c. The full cab has sure grown on me and my wife. If we go in the Honda Pioneer it's faster for sure but we come home caked in dust or mud (sometimes both).
I do have one hill in particular the x1100c has trouble climbing. The hill has rocks jutting up which can cause the wheels to start spinning, loose traction and slide. So I back down and try again or go around. No biggie. I normally make it on the 2nd try. If wife is with me she gets a little scared and prefers to go another route. :D

ItBmine

I almost bought a Pioneer Doc. I like them. But dealer was all sold out.

But in the end I always wanted an RTV and last time I bought another Polaris and had regretted that every single day.

So I vowed to myself to never again have anything but orange in my yard.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My son bought a Polaris earlier this year. I cringed. I've driven it and don't care for it.
We have a river lot at the back of our property a little over 1/2 mile away. Wife and I and our kids and grandkids all dock their boats down there. So we haul people to and from the lot. So I bought a Pioneer back in 2017. Bought the 5 seater version. Runs great but I sure miss the open bed and the hydro dump bed. So I was fortunate to be able to pick up a 2015 camo x1100c last december. I was leaning to an 1140 due to extra seating and bigger bed but that guy did not want to deal. So on a whim I called on this x1100c and he was itching to sell now. I got a great deal and fell in love with the enclosed cab for uses over the winter time. Now I've found both wife and I prefer the RTV even in the summer. I let the son in law drive the Pioneer to and from the river. LOL

ItBmine

Some day I may still buy a Pioneer or a Talon just for my faster trail rides with friends.
But then again for almost the same price I can get a Gator with full cab and air conditioning....and it is fast enough.