Trail Work

ItBmine

Had two torrential rains here that wreaked havoc on my bush road hills. So spent the day with the B2620, box blade and roller. And the RTV hauling dirt.

Attachments

• 20210730_120115 (Large).jpg
    20210730_120115 (Large).jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210730_171726 (Large).jpg
    20210730_171726 (Large).jpg
    254 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210730_174719 (Large).jpg
    20210730_174719 (Large).jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210730_174942 (Large).jpg
    20210730_174942 (Large).jpg
    277 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210730_175231 (Large).jpg
    20210730_175231 (Large).jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210730_175248 (Large).jpg
    20210730_175248 (Large).jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 7

ItBmine

No ditches and that's the problem. But I just got my backhoe not long ago and don't want to put it back on until fall because need the tractor for mowing every week. That's why I learned I should have bought an excavator instead.

Other problem is, where do I route the water? The problem now is every time mother nature carves a big ditch down my roads, it washes tons of sand down onto the forest floor burying all kinds of small trees and new growth. So I'll need to plan where to route it, then fill the ditches with my numerous big round stones to slow the flow down.
For now, what helps is when I put a few "speed bumps" across the road on the hills to slow the water down. That seems to keep it from washing out as bad.

The roller is an Agri-Fab I got from Tractor Supply. It's made for a lawn tractor but is sized good for my little B2620. I just fill the drum right up with water and throw a couple timbers on top and it has enough weight to work.

Oldpath

No ditches and that's the problem. But I just got my backhoe not long ago and don't want to put it back on until fall because need the tractor for mowing every week. That's why I learned I should have bought an excavator instead.

Other problem is, where do I route the water? The problem now is every time mother nature carves a big ditch down my roads, it washes tons of sand down onto the forest floor burying all kinds of small trees and new growth. So I'll need to plan where to route it, then fill the ditches with my numerous big round stones to slow the flow down.
For now, what helps is when I put a few "speed bumps" across the road on the hills to slow the water down. That seems to keep it from washing out as bad.

The roller is an Agri-Fab I got from Tractor Supply. It's made for a lawn tractor but is sized good for my little B2620. I just fill the drum right up with water and throw a couple timbers on top and it has enough weight to work.
I have the same problem/question trying to fix my driveway, whats these speed bumps made of?
You paid 8k for back-hoe but excavator is going cost 20-40k, I thought tractor back-hoes hooked up quick and easy.......

Oldpath

"The roller is an Agri-Fab I got from Tractor Supply. It's made for a lawn tractor but is sized good for my little B2620. I just fill the drum right up with water and throw a couple timbers on top and it has enough weight to work."
Must be a discontinued model I dont see it anywhere....

ItBmine

I just dump a a bucket of dirt 2 wide across the road and make little berms. You can drive over them, but they slow the water down enough to keep it from carving ditches down the road. Not ideal, but until I have time to do some major ditching and re-crowning it will have to do.

The backhoe isn't complicated, but I have to remove my quick hitch, then the three point hitch arms. And right now with all the heavy rains and then hot sun we have been getting the grass is growing like crazy. So just don't want to bother taking on and off every weekend.

And like I said in another thread I posted......the backhoe is absolutely better than a hand shovel. But after I bought it and used it, I should have saved that almost 10 grand and put it towards a U27 mini-ex. The backhoe on a little tractor like this has so little reach, you end up spending more time flipping the seat to reposition, as you do digging. And you lose the suspension seat and Kubota has a horrible locking mechanism on them.

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

"The roller is an Agri-Fab I got from Tractor Supply. It's made for a lawn tractor but is sized good for my little B2620. I just fill the drum right up with water and throw a couple timbers on top and it has enough weight to work."
Must be a discontinued model I dont see it anywhere....
It came with the roller, a dethatcher and an aerator. I think it's called Smart Link or something like that? You change between the three by just flipping two latches.