Two Guns River Rising

<P mce_keep="true">I got an "E" Mail from Two Guns and it looks like he has his hands full right now since the Mississippi River has him worried. The water has been rising and is at the top of the levees. I think he is busy keeping his eye on the river. Wishing him the best and keeping him on my mind.!!</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">nuthin to worrie about i think he has a highrise intake already installed so high water ain't no problem.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">CanyonCreeMT,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Thanks for your concern, we have a little more room left on the levees. And yes,keeping a eye on the river. But we are not the only ones, there are many, manypeople a watching. They have the levee board, sheriff's office, and did see a few State Police patroling the levees, keeping people off of them ... God isgoing to take care of everything !!!! </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">Hey Two Guns - I saw that the Natchez gauge is at 54 feet and rising. That's starting to get up there - are you still dry? </P>
<P mce_keep="true">The State of Missouri finally convinced the Corp, through the courts,not to release the spring water from the upper Missouri River reservoirs because it was going to flood us out even worse than it has been. I still can't believe they actually listened for once. Anyhow, that's one less big drop in the bucket. </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">Yes, were still dry and still doing a lot of praying !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true">It is amazing that they actually listened !!! Every bit helps !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT size=2><FONT face=JohnHancock><FONT color=#ff0000> ~~~~~~~~ </FONT></FONT></FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"> Still keeping a close " eye " on the river, yep, it's still a rising. U.S. Corps of Engineers just told us this morning they are upping the creast level. Being of the heavy rains up north. They also, at noon today, have plans on opening up the gates of the Bonnet Carré Spillway, which is 30 miles west of New Orleans. Bonnet Carré was first opened during the flood of 1937 and has operated seven other times, during high water in 1945, 1950, 1973, 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1997. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Yesterday, there is a gentleman little south of us, had some straded cattle, hanging on in what little high ground they have. They sent barges and men down there to get 'em out. After hours of wrangling with almost every imaginable obstacle the cows could not be rescued from their dry holdout. They were unseccessful, another attempt start again this morning. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Fixin' to head out this morning, and run down to the river in the RTV, and see how much rise we received last night ~~~</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
This is a make shift stage, once a year, they have a small town gathering, called Fiddles & Viddles. Looks like this year, either the cajuns are going to learn to play fiddles in the trees, where chest waders and play, or just wait till a drier day ~~~ Boat drifted in late yesterday evening, might just might be a hint on what they are going to need in a few days. Fiddles & Viddles were planned next weekend !!!! Oh well,might just have to gofishing !!!!</P>

<FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">You think somebody was hungry and just showed up early and forgottheir pirogue? They're sure going to miss it anyday, now. </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"> Yes Sir, looks that way ~~~~~ Would be surprised on how many boats and many other items that show up on the banks when the river acts like this !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> If it will float, it will come down that river, the current in unbelievable !!! If it is not tied up, it will take it and donate to someone down river !!!! The small stage that you seen behind the boat, it is chained to some oak trees to keep from donateing it to the Gulf of Mexico !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></DIV>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"> This afternoon, took a look at the river in the RTV, even went riding threw some of the deep water in the machine. The RTV is amazing what it will go in. And don't have to worry about it drowing out on us. AND DIDN'T HAVE TO COME IN, AND SCRUB MUD, water keeping it cleaned off. That is a blessing in itself !!! </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> About the stranded cow situation I mentioned earlier this week, they had some success yesterday, and had only about 20 cows left to gather up and move out. They are getting them today. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Here is a picture of some volunteers helping the owner get a couple of his calves out with a smaller boat !!!Got 'em to higher ground ....They are some great folks down here. Always there with a helping hand !!!!!</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"> Here is a picture, of the last load of cows being brought in to be put in a trailer and moved to higher ground. My hat goes off to these men who worked so hard to save the cattle !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">I've seen a lot ofdifferent kinds of towson the river but that's a new one for me! And at a gallon a minute fuelconsumptionon that little fleet boat somebody was pretty kind to go get those cows. </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
</P>

Think I found the problem with the Mississippiriver, somebody left this faucet running up north >>>> [;)]</P>

<FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

<P mce_keep="true">TG.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Now I know why my well is almost dry. I should have never put that faucet where I couldn't see it. No wonder I have a lot of duck poop on our roof.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">SORRY!!!!!!! The Mighty Mississippi will start falling soon!!!!!!</P>