vBulletin upgrade to 3.7.0 is DONE!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It took less than an hour to upgrade from vBulletin 3.6.5 to vBullentin 3.7.0.

Lots of new features in this new version of VB. I'll be learning them at the same time you do.
Post the kewl new features you find so we'll all know about them.

Also post any problems.
One issue I already know of is the style I'm using has not been updated for VB3.7, so some buttons that should be in place might not show up. I'll be working on that in the background after I upgrade Forumsforums.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
It logged me out and I had to log back in............no other probs so far

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, it makes us all log back in. Hope everyone remembers their password.

Archdean

Per my NTT PM about the quick links dropdown THE NBT and NCT have it but the NTT does not show all of these options/

Dropdown.jpg

_Now If I could just figure out what I'm doing wrong :pat:________________
Dean,

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's because of the red-gray style. If you change your style (bottom left you'll see a dropdown for style) and select the 'default style' you'll get all the options.
I kinda liked the red-gray but it's looking like I'm going to have to design my own 'style' to avoid the kind of modifications that the red-gray styles by minstrel impose.
How attached are you all to a red-grey theme?
Any suggestions for backgrounds?

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
is blue/pale blue the default? how come it came up red/gray before I logged in?

Do we have all the features Dean listed, if we leave it at default blue?

Archdean

Yes you do and DOC is absolutely correct about the Red and grey being the problem!! vB says it will only support the default blue for now and you can change that yourself at the bottom left of the page!! And I still can't get as far as Your admin has!!:pat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I set the default style to: Red Gray

The original style that came with the system is named: Default. Very poor and confusing name for what I'm trying to explain.
So you will see red gray by default if your user cp says to use the forum default style.
You can go to the dropdown style selection at the bottom left and select the style named default. This is the light blue. And yes you will see the new options in that style.
I will design a reg gray or orange gray or ??? gray that will give everyone all the options. Once that is done I will make it the new 'default style' for all users.

Sorry but because of names I'm sure the above is confusing. :confused:

Archdean

Your admin deserves a lot of credit for updating all 4 Forums when I can't get my server to do it yet :pat:but I just can't get it to love the new version YET!! I'll get it soon and believe I found the problem with Doc's help and IT WAS (ME)!!

Let me explain my actions since i'm doing the same thing as your admin so I have taken the liberty of looking over his shoulder!

Now about the default view thingy Doc has NTC & NBT working well and NTT as long as you use the default blue view but his FF is not responding to the options in the Quick links menue regardless of the setting!!

CaptureJPGFF.jpg

All of this is just to help my fellow admin! :hide:

Since I have my own ox to harness I'll beg my leave!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, I'm aware of the FF issue. Don't know what to do about it yet though. :pat:

Archdean

Yep, I'm aware of the FF issue. Don't know what to do about it yet though. :pat:

Just a personal note: I love this stuff it's like flying, you know something unexpected is about to happen! You just don't know when or where!!
wink.gif

The steps to accomplish this stuff are no less stressful then stepping into a complicated cockpit for the first time! Do I really want to do this? ~~~~~~~~~~~Duh! OK<<< Oops! But your gonna love it when it works!
biggrin.gif

xPosTech

Somebody let Dean know he has exclamation points cropping up through all his posts. :rolleyes: :yum: :tiphat:

Red Gray is all I've ever used. Sometimes (well okay, usually) I have three or more forums tabbed across when I'm trying to track down a (tractor) problem or part/accessory. Most forums have a unique default theme so I leave them at that rather than try to make them conform to what I think they should look like.

I instantly know I'm viewing NTT. The only other Red Gray themed forum that comes to mind is the Redsquare (Wheel Horse) Forum.

I like the way Doc has the View New Posts working. Some forums start with the first unread post down, forcing you to go back and open the whole thread (even if multiple pages) if you've (like me) forgotten the general run of the last few posts.

Overall I like (and will like) the way this forum works. I keep forcing myself to be (Heh) unresistant to change.

I did notice the upgrade reset the Remember Me checkbox.

There is that enough (I hope) parentheses? Parenthetically speaking (writing), of course.

Ted

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: I see it a little different Dean. My feet stay on the ground. If the system crashes, it will not kill me. It will upset me, but I'll still be alive.
it does feel really good when you finally get it all together and working. :thumb:
Did you get yours upgraded successfully?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I instantly know I'm viewing NTT. The only other Red Gray themed forum that comes to mind is the Redsquare (Wheel Horse) Forum.

Overall I like (and will like) the way this forum works. I keep forcing myself to be (Heh) unresistant to change.

Ted

Thanks for the kind words Ted. I also like the idea of I know for sure what forum I'm on when I'm on NTT. I will try my best to keep the style one that is easily distinguished from other forums.

I also know what you mean about change. I'm still wondering about the social activity add ons to VB. I've no idea if they will be useful or used here on NTT. I can turn them off, but until I understand them better I'll leave them on so someone can figure them out and explain them to all of us.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One major problem from the upgrade. No new users could join. Not exactly what I had intended. :pat:
I just fixed it and there should be no problem joining now.
I had a No Spam filter and the question was not showing but it would not let the new member join cause they didn't answer a question that they never saw. Duh.
Should be all fixed now.
If you need help signing up email me at:
doc
@
nettractortalk.com