What a nice looking rear

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love the way my RTV sits and looks from behind with the 27” black water evolution tires. She sits up nice with great clearance and looks great. ??95239732-2E73-483D-BCDF-0B4C1A17BFD6.jpeg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What size ? 27x? X ? . I want to put 27x11x12"
Just checking to see what you are running . Same on front as back?
You guessed correct. Rear ones are 27x11x12 ...on front I went with 27x9x12. No rubbing at all.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Sexxxxxy!!!!!!!!!!!! Turn signals???? Are you registered for street use?? Around here you'll get an expensive ticket, and towed away, for those kinds of shenanigans! Oh and storage fees from the tow company.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice , did you get any additional noticable ground clearance with taller tires ?
I gained about an inch. Looks can be deceiving as it looks like more to me, but going from 25's 5o 27's should give me close to an inch more height.
I had 27-10-14's and 27-12-14's on my Honda 1000. I needed tires and they had a sale going on for wheels and tires for a great price. So I bought them. All tires were 28-11-14's. I really noticed the difference in steering with the bigger slightly wider tire. So when buying for the RTV I went with the narrower tires on front. Very happy with that decision.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sexxxxxy!!!!!!!!!!!! Turn signals???? Are you registered for street use?? Around here you'll get an expensive ticket, and towed away, for those kinds of shenanigans! Oh and storage fees from the tow company.
Thanks. Yep, turn signals were one of the first things I added. I will not take the RTV off my property often but when I do I want any cars coming close to me to know my intentions. I feel safer that way. I'm not sure kids these days even know hand signals ..and with windows in the RTV, hand signals would be awkward.

What state / local are you in Bota Fett? I'm in Ohio.

We can get off road license but I have not bothered. Just more money for the state every three years. I'm in a truly rural area. Lots of side by sides out and about. I've never seen or heard of anyone getting a ticket so ....I'm living on the edge. I try to be safe and follow traffic laws but if I meet an officer of the law who is having a bad day and wants to take it out on me there is not much I can say. I'm gambling that will not happen.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another reason I do not pay for the license is that it is only good for back roads. If caught on a state route you can get a ticket. I live on aa state route. Any back road I ride I have to cross or drive a short ways on a state route. License would do no good for that.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
What state / local are you in Bota Fett? I'm in Ohio.
I'm in Connecticut where it's literally a crime to have any fun with off road vehicles. You can register and pay taxes for 4 wheelers, ATV's, and whatnot but there is not a single square inch to legally ride 'em. Private property is the only place, and registration is not needed. We do have 1 legal place to ride dirt bikes (2 wheelers only no quads, RTV, ATV, or trucks), Thomaston dam, but you must be registered, and is only open seasonally. With limited parking, and just a few miles of trails, it's almost not worth it!
I use mine for my 1.5 acre property on the side of a big slope. But my brother has a 54 acre farm in Northfield that is just perfect to wheel in. I trailer it for long weekend camping/ 4 wheeling fun!!
Other than that 1 or 2 times a year we plan on going to New Hampshire, and Maine for serious trail action/ camping. And we just pay the non-resident reg. fee. This looks like a lot of fun!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love our location. I can boat without hassles from water patrol. Ride side by sides all over without hassle from law enforcement. Yet we are not that far from tons of restaurants and less than two hours from the big city of Columbus. Very lucky for sure. 32 years ago we had plans to move to Groton or New Haven. Those plans fell through, and hearing all that I'm glad they did. Still beautiful up there. Love New England overall.

Thanks Pawpaw!!! :tiphat:
I was in Pomeroy the other day Pawpaw grower ....got to wondering how far you are from there? We might be able to meet up there one day for coffee or lunch etc. To bad Wild Horses burnt down ...I don't know of any other nice dinner places there.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
We are near Harrisonville which is roughly 10 miles from Pomeroy out 143. Or you could take 124 and go through Rutland. The Wild Horse was a real nice place. I'll bet you'd like the Court Street Grill. Its right across from the courthouse and it is gormet quality. A little small inside but top notch. Because we travel between Columbus and Harrisonville so much, we try to limit contact with others right now to avoid getting someone else sick - just in case. We've had six family members get COVID and mostly recovered but an additional one died from it - my age - down in Racine. So we probably are a little more careful than most. BUT - I believe by summer, things should be better and would enjoy meeting up by the river for chow or a cold drink. We have to buy a new car this week so the 1100 will have to wait a few more years - sniff sniff. But I am getting a windshield soon.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We are near Harrisonville which is roughly 10 miles from Pomeroy out 143. Or you could take 124 and go through Rutland. The Wild Horse was a real nice place. I'll bet you'd like the Court Street Grill. Its right across from the courthouse and it is gormet quality. A little small inside but top notch. Because we travel between Columbus and Harrisonville so much, we try to limit contact with others right now to avoid getting someone else sick - just in case. We've had six family members get COVID and mostly recovered but an additional one died from it - my age - down in Racine. So we probably are a little more careful than most. BUT - I believe by summer, things should be better and would enjoy meeting up by the river for chow or a cold drink. We have to buy a new car this week so the 1100 will have to wait a few more years - sniff sniff. But I am getting a windshield soon.
Sure nuff. We've been to the court street grill a couple of times. One time to hear a band that didn't show up because it snowed a little. Oh well. The beer was cold. Food was good. Girls complained about the little rest rooms that were not clean (10+ years ago). I'm not sure things will be much different in the summer with these other strains starting to pop up but .... one day or evening we'll have to meet there.