What year was my kubota rtv 500 - serial number 28399…vin A5KA1CGAPBGO28399 built…TY in advance

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Member BCZoom posted this info: So, since it's a B that would make it a 2012 or 2022. Not sure just interpiting what Zoom posted.
If the VIN # is 16 characters, the year is in the 9th position. If it's 17 characters, it's in the 10th position.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
First year of production was 2013. Your local kubota dealer can tell you exactly what year it is and if there are any outsatnding recalls on it. Additionally they can tell you is if is stolen.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The RTV 500 started production in 2008. https://www.atv.com/specs/kubota/utility-utv/2008/rtv500/orange/detail.html
Based on your VIN 10th character being "B", you have a 2011.

iu

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And I'm sorry for misinterpiting the 'B'. I'd never seen the 'code year' chart before.
Thanks Zoom!!!!!!!

TechJunkie

Is this just for RTV’s. If so does such a thing exist for mowers. I bought a ZD326 used and always wandered when it was built.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is this just for RTV’s. If so does such a thing exist for mowers. I bought a ZD326 used and always wandered when it was built.
VIN's are for vehicles. Not sure if your ZTR qualifies. I know my ZTR doesn't have one.
I'd think your chassis would have a serial # that could be decoded to figure out the year.
The engine should have a serial #. Get that serial # then go to this site to get the year/month of manufacture.

TechJunkie

VIN's are for vehicles. Not sure if your ZTR qualifies. I know my ZTR doesn't have one.
I'd think your chassis would have a serial # that could be decoded to figure out the year.
The engine should have a serial #. Get that serial # then go to this site to get the year/month of manufacture.
Yes that should have occurred to me. A serial number lookup is what I need. I will get the engine serial number and try that. Thanks