Winch recommendation for a RTV X1100C

kas1263

Just bought a RTV X1100C replacing Old Faithful a 2007 RTV900. The dealer had no winches to install and I am now looking for recommendations. Any suggestions?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I do not own an RTV X1100C but ...I'm using a 4k Warn winch with synthetic line and am very pleased with it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have an 1100 either. I use a Ramsey 3500 on my 900.
IMHO, Warn & Ramsey are the 2 top brands.
I agree that using Amsteel Blue rope is much better (and safer) than using steel cable.
You didn't mention primary uses for the winch but if you're going to use it frequently or usage for dragging things to your RTV, I recommend you consider a wireless remote. I sometimes use the RTV as an anchor for pulling down trees. Using the wireless remote, I can be at the tree with the chainsaw instead of at the RTV to operate the winch.

Pumpkin

Gold Site Supporter
I use a Ramsey 5000, Amsteel Blue Rope and snatch blocks on my 900.
I have tied the back to a tree to pull my tractor out.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have alot of winching experience but on a huge basis not the little stuff. a rule of thumb though that should help you decide is if you plan on a single line use then get a winch that can be double capacity of your task. if you choose to save space and money then get a smaller winch and learn to use snatch blocks and anchors etc.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does the 1100 have a "cubby hole" for a winch like the old 900's do? If so, its size may dictate how large you can go.