x1100c hydraulic whine

dtreid

New to me x1100c has quite a bit of hydraulic noise that seems to be coming from the charge pump/hst filter when it's at idle. Runs perfectly normal except for the whine. Is this normal? My other machine doesn't do it near this much.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think mine does something like what you are describing but not positive. could you post a 20 second video or recording of the noise? That would help us be sure we are talking about the same thing.

ItBmine

I have 30 hours and 130 miles on mine and it has no whine at all. I just thought about this the other day because I was hauling full box loads of gravel up my hills in high range and it was quiet and effortless........whereas my Kubota B2620 in M range whines going up those hills.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have tinnitus (constant ringing in my ears) and I've lost a good bit of hearing according to my wife. So It might not mean much when I say I do not hear a whine. All sounds normal to me.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Yep... sounds OK.... (But it looks like your brake/hyd-release cable needs to have a little slack taken out of it.... and it should shift more easily when you depress the brake pedal.)

Reactions: Doc
I know this is a little late in the discussion, but with my Kubota BX-23D I changed the hydro/transmission oil and used standard udt rather than synthetic. After the oil change my transmission began to whine more than normal. I changed back to the udt2 synthetic and the whine decreased greatly.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know this is a little late in the discussion, but with my Kubota BX-23D I changed the hydro/transmission oil and used standard udt rather than synthetic. After the oil change my transmission began to whine more than normal. I changed back to the udt2 synthetic and the whine decreased greatly.
Yep, that Kubota UDT2 is good stuff. Worth the extra dollars for sure.