x1100c ...What is the difference between H and L

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I ordered it thru my local dealer, via their ordinary stock shipments (to avoid any freight). It took a week to get to avoid freight.
It was $124. The kit I rec’d is specific for the x900 (K7591-9945-0)(KTC W/G #V5241) but a similar one is for the X1120D and X1100C (K7451-9945-0)(KTC W/G #V5243). The differences are minor hardware fitting shapes. The Instructions included are for the X900, X1100D, X1100C and only vary from each other to accommodate those minor hardware differences.

They initially quoted $108 for the parts and $268 labor to install. I told them I’d install it and when I picked it up a week later the price was $124. (?…. I didn’t argue) :rolleyes:

Reading the instructions, I believe this can be done in about 20-30 minutes by anyone who knows how to raise the bed, use a tye-wrap, turn two nuts and install a cotter-pin.…. I’ll report back later this week when I actually do this. I can’t imagine why they think it’s worth $268 labor. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Exciting stuff Geohorn! I eagerly await for the report! $124 to fly up my hills sounds almost too good to be true.. I have the x1100c so I should be ordering (K7451-9945-0)(KTC W/G #V5243) if i'm reading this correctly? And I definitely know how to raise the bed, use a tye-wrap, turn two nuts and install a cotter-pin.….:unsure:

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
GEOHORN can you verify that PN for the cable? I went to the dealer yesterday and they came up with a slightly different number. K7421-9945-0 (KTCW/G#V5243) for the X1100C. Price was about the same.

How did the install go? Did you get the improvement you were looking for? thanks!!

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I drag a duck house and a chicken coup all over the yard. If the duck house has been sitting for a long time or in the spring when I first break it out H won’t touch it, L is no problem.

Trek

My new 2021 RTV 1100xc is scheduled to arrive at the dealer within 1 month. Does anyone know if Kubota has corrected this issue on the newer models? I have plenty of hilly trails on my property where it is necessary to dodge rocks at lower speeds. Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
which issue are you talking about?
I have similar hilly rocky terrane most of the time H will get me up it. L will do great for lower speed rock dodging.

ItBmine

I wouldn't call it an issue. As long as your dealer sets it up properly it works as it should.

If you're thinking you are going to spin tires and power up hills at speed, this isn't the machine for you. But if you want a reliable workhorse that will haul a load up a hill at 9 to 10 MPH it won't let you down.

Like I joke with my friends, your side by sides may be faster, but lets hook them back to back with a chain and then see what your 150 h.p turbo 1000 can do, because my 2500 pounds will drag you all over the yard, LOL

The wife and I actually enjoy trail riding with the RTV. Where my Polaris has to rev to get up the hills the RTV will literally just idle along, nice and quiet. And it will climb in 2WD where my Polaris's won't climb in 2WD. They would just spin the tires.

Trek

I was referencing the inability that some were experiencing with their RTV’s to stop and go on steep hills.. I have plenty of rocky hilly areas on my property where I have to stop and go. It appears, as long as I am in low and the A/C is off, this is a non-issue. I was considering contacting the dealer and asking him to install the adjustable hand throttle kit, but will scratch that idea. I have no illusions of racing up a steep rocky hill at a high elevation with my new 2021 RTV 1100c..lol.

ItBmine

Well, I don't think you should have an issue unless something is not set right. I have yet needed to use low range on mine with the AC on and loaded.

Attachments

• 20210606_141213.jpg
    20210606_141213.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210703_151835.jpg
    20210703_151835.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 11

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The only time mine did have trouble was when I stopped on the steepest part of the hill in H, with air on. It would not go. I did turn off a/c and put it in L and no prob. I suspect it would have gone okay even with a/c on, just not as quick. I also suspect a new 2021 model would do better than my 2015. They improve stuff every single year. No worries. I bet you'll love your new work horse.

ItBmine

Maybe mine is healthier than normal? LOL

I notice that even though it and my B2620 tractor have the same D1105 engine, the exhaust from my RTV has a way stronger diesel smell to it.

Trek

I sure appreciate all the excellent feedback from everyone! My former ride was a Wolvie and it would certainly fly up and down my rocky high elevation hills, but was certainly lacking in regards to cab comfront, as well as a number of helpful Ranch abilities. Thanks to a number of good reviews here from you guys, I have already ordered a set of ITP Blackwater Evolutions. ?

ItBmine

Was your Wolverine loud inside Trek?
My friend had one and it had a windshield and roof and I found it extremely loud. But he bought it used so it could have had issues.
The seats were a lot nicer than a Polaris RZR though.

Trek

I didn’t find my Wolverine X2 to be loud. My model was an Rspec two seater with a 850cc twin cylinder engine I have friends that owned the older 700cc single cylinder Wolverine’s that felt the engine noise was a bit excessive.

ItBmine

Ok....that's what his was, the old 700.
How did you like the R Spec?

I'v mentioned this somewhere else.....I thought my RTV-X1100C was loud inside the cab (though quieter than ones I test drove a year ago) but now after driving a brand new Can Am 1000 turbo and a new RZR 900 and 1000.....it is way quieter inside and no engine heat.
The Polaris's......they can cook your lunch for you inside. LOL

Trek

I had a folding windshield and soft cab on the Wolvie Rspec X2 It was a good machine, but the cab space was a bit tight and the bed space was somewhat limited. I never had a mechanical issue with it and it was easy to operate on the narrow trails. Like most UTV’s the stock tires left a lot to be desired, and after the first flat I replaced them with Terribites.