x1100c ...What is the difference between H and L

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ok....that's what his was, the old 700.
How did you like the R Spec?

I'v mentioned this somewhere else.....I thought my RTV-X1100C was loud inside the cab (though quieter than ones I test drove a year ago) but now after driving a brand new Can Am 1000 turbo and a new RZR 900 and 1000.....it is way quieter inside and no engine heat.
The Polaris's......they can cook your lunch for you inside. LOL
Same heat and noise issue with the Honda Pioneer 1000.
As for tires it seems all the machines come with 4 ply tires (at least my Honda did) because they save on overall weight. They puncture easy and are cheaper for the dealer to outfit them with. So upgrading tires is one of the first thing most of us do.

ItBmine

Really Doc? I would have thought for sure the Honda would be a lot better than the other UTV's.

I almost bought a Pioneer, but they are 34 grand here and that's all I paid for the loaded RTV1100 and the Boss plow.

Trek

I understand the Honda Pioneer 1000 is a fine machine, and almost bought one instead of the Wolvie, but there were inventory problems at the time. Honda quality speaks for itself…

Trek

I think the noise level of the Honda and Yamaha 700 engines is very similar..a bit high. Both engines are very reliable with plenty of low end torque. I don’t know of anyone that has driven or owned a Yamaha Grizzly 700 that was unimpressed with the engine or machine.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Really Doc? I would have thought for sure the Honda would be a lot better than the other UTV's.

I almost bought a Pioneer, but they are 34 grand here and that's all I paid for the loaded RTV1100 and the Boss plow.
Yep, honest injun. I still have the Pioneer and do like it. It's the 5 seater and has issues with dust. Since the bed has seats folded into it the dust finds it's way out of those into the cab. Heat from the engine is also an issue on a hot day. But it's not BELT drive, YAY!!!. It has plenty of power and much like the RTV, it's build like a tank. The two make a nice tag team. I need both to get everyone to their boats at our docks which are 3/4 mile over our back 40 to get to.

Wow, the price you quoted floored me. Crazy. Unreal.

ItBmine

Yep, a Pioneer 1000-5 is 34 grand, a Talon is 36, the 50 inch RZR900 Trail is 20 grand. A Ranger 1000 Northstar starts at 32 and a Gator XUV is 35 (the one with the yellow seats, not the top of the line one with the tan cloth interior.) Prices are insane here.
I was considering a lot of them but I couldn't stomach those prices for what you are actually getting.

In the end I picked a heavy duty machine that will last and will settle for slower rides now. I still have my atv's.....just don't want to ride them any more, LOL

I used to love my older Polaris's, but I really have a hatred towards them now. The ones built from 2016 on are junk, built with cheap quality junk.
And their warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. I never saw that one before, where you pay a deductible to use the warranty on a one week old machine. And when I called Polaris corporate they said, sorry about your luck.
I still have two Polaris's left and when I need any parts for them, I buy them off Ebay. I won't give another cent to Polaris.

Reactions: Doc

Trek

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with Polaris. I have never owned one, but the trail chatter is they are high maintenance.

ItBmine

They're great if you like replacing all four wheel bearings and suspension springs every 1400 miles, LOL

I love their looks, and their features over most others. And never ever had a belt failure. I still have my 2004.5 500 H.O. that I plowed with for 8 years. Belt is still good.
But like I say, they seem to be using real poor quality components now. I see them losing motors, catching fire, etc. I bought a new 570 EPS in 2016/17 and the body panels didn't even fit on it. They put new ones on, still didn't fit. Know what Polaris corporate told me? Drill holes and use screws or bolts.

Then after that had issues with a bad dealer, corporate didn't care. Neither one honored warranties. So I buy different brands now. I used to buy nothing but Polaris.

Everything breaks at some point, but it's how your dealer and the manufacturer handle it. And I've yet to have a complaint with Kubota, Honda or John Deere for that matter.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
When I was shopping two years ago I visited a local ATV dealer and out back of their shop they had hidden all the burned out/up Polaris’s. They were a dealer of several different mfr’s and told me they were dropping Polaris as soon as their contract timed-out.

• Wow

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
I just received my hand throttle kit! I'm going to install it this weekend! How did yours work out Geohorn?

Install looks fairly easy like you guys said.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
I had some time yesterday to install the new cable on my X1100! It was pretty straightforward, with the most difficult part being that cable tie way back behind the battery. Luckily I was able to re-use it, because in my frustration I really wanted to just break it. And interestingly enough the destructions tell you to re-use it! For the life of me I couldn't figure out where the supplied clamp belongs, the diagram given looks nothing like what I was looking at. Not a big deal because it worked just fine without it. I'd say the whole job took less than 2 hours, and a good portion of that time was used with that tie in the back, and a soft drink break in between :)

Results were as expected, I turned the AC on to 2 or 3 and started driving up and down my hills. Before the mod with no load, it would bog down a bit right before I get to the top of the hill, but never stall. With a load most times it would stall at the same spot right before the top, so I would just turn the AC off until I got to the top.

Now with the new cable and the AC on, I make it all the way up un-loaded without bogging down, and I am able to decrease the amount of pedal while maintaining engine speed with a load. The AC must take a considerable amount of power to run, because I had to reduce the amount of pedal quite a bit to get up the same hill with a load, but it never stalled, and I stayed cool all the way up!!!

So for me this was a great mod. My hills are fairly steep at about 15/20 degrees I'm guessing. The build quality of the cable is top notch, with a push button to release/lock the throttle anywhere you want. And by rotating the knob left or right you can fine tune it even further. It even came with a new sticker to replace the old one on how to use it!

FYI my temp gauge never went past 3 bars, I was only hand throttling the machine up the hills, I reduced the throttle to normal going down hill.