Zero RTV Dealer Stock?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I drove past Allpower in Athens, Ohio this afternoon on the way to the farm and noticed there isn't a single RTV on the lot. On the way back, I stopped and peeked into the front window. Not a single unit in sight. Not even a Sidekick. There was a used buggy of some kind in the fenced area but I could not make out what it was.

Is this the same in your area? If so, is anyone clear on why? Is it parts availability? Factory short on people? No one to ship them?

I have been loosely following the plight of those who were waiting on units but it did not really hit home until this afternoon. I also noticed the AgPro (John Deere) lot off U.S. 33 has a nearly empty lot as well. Taylor and Son in Canal further up 33 appeared to have one but it was dark. This could have been a parts unit.

Has Kubota said anything publicly?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have not seen any announcement from Kubota. I use All Power sometimes and Lashley Equipment sometimes. So I checked Lashley who have 4 or 5 shops across Ohio and they appear to have at least one of most of the RTV models.

Completely off topic but I thought of you yesterday Ohio PawPaw Grower, I drove down to Gallipolis to see their Christmas lights which is semi close to your farm (I think). Anyway Gallipolis Ohio City Park has an outstanding Christmas light show. Best I've ever seen. I was shocked. Have you been by there? If not I hope you get the chance to experience them. Truly Amazing.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
We saw those lights a few years ago. But I understand Gallipolis has gone full-on dedicated with music and its a whole event. Sounds like we're due to go back. Thank you. Our place is close to Harrisonville, off SR 143. You are in Reedsville or Racine?

sdzubay

To the UTV inventory question ... when I last spoke with Lulich Implement a year ago (Kubota dealership for far northern Wisconsin/Lake Superior region) they had nothing due to lots of homebound Baby Boomers with excess cash, and supply-chain issues. Same windshield observations at dealerships in western Wisconsin. Absolutely nothing on the lots.

ETF

A couple of months back I mentioned my frustration on ForumsForums about trying to get a Kubota UTV as, after talking to the dealer, I was wait listed with an expected time of delivery of at least 3 months. Doc found me an RTV x1120 for sale about 15 miles from my house with 27 hours on it. I called them up, went to see it and bought it on the spot. I'll never be able to thank Doc enough for his research as I absolutely love that thing. I liked it so much that I gave my little gas-powered Gator to my S-I-L.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A couple of months back I mentioned my frustration on ForumsForums about trying to get a Kubota UTV as, after talking to the dealer, I was wait listed with an expected time of delivery of at least 3 months. Doc found me an RTV x1120 for sale about 15 miles from my house with 27 hours on it. I called them up, went to see it and bought it on the spot. I'll never be able to thank Doc enough for his research as I absolutely love that thing. I liked it so much that I gave my little gas-powered Gator to my S-I-L.
I'm so glad that worked out so great for you. I've had good luck with finding nearly new RTV's but never one with just 27 hours. Those are rare. And to find it just 15 miles away, that just says it was meant to be. :thumb: :clap:

Yes, OPP, I'm in / near Reedsville. About 50 mins from Gallipolis.

TechJunkie

I was finally successful in finding a new X1140 but in my search the reasons I was given for the shortage was supply chain issues with rolled steel, seats/covers. tires and rims. There may have been a few other items but this was what was consistently mentioned. I was also told once they received enough materials to finish RTVs they were having issues finding carriers to deliver them to dealers delaying shipping. Several dealers did say Kubota told them they have have several thousand RTVs in warehouses waiting on some component to complete and ship.

Reactions: Doc

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I ordered my new RTVX1100C last May and I just took delivery this past week! I started out as #20 on the waitlist and when I finally picked it up the waitlist had grown to over 75! (Just for the 1100C. ).

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on finally getting your RTV. I'm curious about price. Did they quote a price to you last May and were they able to sell to you for that price? With 75 waiting I'd be wondering if some dealers are bumping the price up. Supply and demand ya know.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Congrats on finally getting your RTV. I'm curious about price. Did they quote a price to you last May and were they able to sell to you for that price? With 75 waiting I'd be wondering if some dealers are bumping the price up. Supply and demand ya know.
The dealer honored the May price. The only thing that did not carry over is the cash rebate of $400. It had been dropped over the summer to $300 and they would not honor the original rebate. The dealers are having some trouble getting parts - I had asked for a hand throttle and that is backordered more than a month. One thing I did not know is that the 2021 model of the X1100C comes with the basic up throttle to help it warm up but it can't be set at a higher rpm for plowing, but since it came with it I decided to try it out - it has a partway detent that does hold it at a higher rpm and you can pull it beyond that to rev it up some more but it won't stay. The owners' manual suggests that the vehicle should not be driven while the hand throttle is being used. Not sure why? I had to install the "real" hand throttle on my X900 for plowing and it worked well.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good for you. I'm glad the dealer honored the price. Understandable if the company changed the rebate amount. No biggie.

I also had the real hand throttle on my 06 RTV 900. Loved it. Worked great.
The 2015 x1100c I bought used has that thing that is similar to the hand throttle but it does not work the same. I'm not sure what it is for but it does not work like the ole regular hand throttle.

ItBmine

I asked my dealer owner how he has so much stock even with him selling machines constantly. He said because when his brother orders, he orders 20 of everything, not just one.

Reactions: Doc

FTG-05

The dealer honored the May price. The only thing that did not carry over is the cash rebate of $400. It had been dropped over the summer to $300 and they would not honor the original rebate. The dealers are having some trouble getting parts - I had asked for a hand throttle and that is backordered more than a month. One thing I did not know is that the 2021 model of the X1100C comes with the basic up throttle to help it warm up but it can't be set at a higher rpm for plowing, but since it came with it I decided to try it out - it has a partway detent that does hold it at a higher rpm and you can pull it beyond that to rev it up some more but it won't stay. The owners' manual suggests that the vehicle should not be driven while the hand throttle is being used. Not sure why? I had to install the "real" hand throttle on my X900 for plowing and it worked well.
What's the part number for the HT? I may have one sitting around here somewhere.

TechJunkie

Just stopped by the dealership prepping my X1140. I talked with the owner and he was placing orders for RTVs. He said the system would not let him place an order with a 2022 delivery date. He showed me a list he was ordering and said every one was showing a 2023 delivery. He did say Kubota is telling him if supply chain issues clear he could see some sooner. Just interesting conversation this afternoon to pass along.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Th
View attachment 13604
This is a screen shot of the 2020 Kubota Full Line RTV Accessory book. I have it in .PDF format if it would be helpful.
Thanks for the followup. According to "build your machine" option on KubotaUSA.com this is an option for the X1100C, but the dealer isn't sure. The hand throttle that comes with the machine - something that wasn't mentioned when I ordered it - may work for the few steep hills I have to plow. By pulling this throttle up to its 1/2 detent option the rpms are fairly high and it just may be enough - although the literature says to not drive with the throttle up! Thanks again for looking.