Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark.Sibole

Dang Mark. Lots of info in there. Nice. Too bad it's all for a place with a population of 14.

Can you explain some of these all-time records?
A day where the "record high average speed" of 147.2 MPH had to really suck. A gust of that speed would suck but to have that the whole day had to be miserable. ;)

alltimerecords.gif

record wind gust is a lot lower.Ocasonally you catch radio interferance or a static charge and it will give you a wild reading.I havnt gone back to rest that yet.Im doing so many things at one time some things slip by me lol

Mark.Sibole

Mark, how did you zero in the the asus rt-n66u? Sounds like you got a good one, all except for the setup.

Setup was or should have been easy.I forgot to pull isp numbers for the wan aide so i had to re hook up the old router to catch them.
Then i got brain locked because it wouldnt pull anything from the wan and it took me a bit to pull my head out of my azz and remember when you add a new router to a system and use the same ip address sometimes it confuses the pc and router and it wants to hold the same mac address.So I have to run ipconfig and purge old ip address and old mac address and old dns numbers.Something i should have remembered right off the bat but like i said i got brain dead lol.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Mark for the reminder. If I upgrade that'll help me remember to get my settings off the old one BEFORE unhooking it. I have voip phone line also that complicates router setup and a lot of stuff to copy from that part.

Mark.Sibole

NP Doc should be an easy swap even with VOIP.Just set port forwarding up and you should be golden.If you pick it up i know youll love it.One of the best routers ive seen in ages and you can actually add a nice high DB gain out door antenna if you wanted to.Im very impressed with it here.my main pc hard wired in 1 xbox 1 wii 4 smart phones 3 wireless pcs and thats just my shiot.when friends come by its like a million things on it.It has great built in ram and cpy.You can also set up your own FTP site on it via 2 usb hook ups for external hard drives.Ive tried my hardest to bog it down and havnt been able to yet lol. good luck on things there it wont dissapoint you.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I was changing the engine oil in my RTV yesterday and had a thought on when I change the tranny fluid.

Wondering about taking the UDT and putting it in my log splitter? As clean as the UDT comes out of the tranny, I'd hate to put it in the used oil drum.

Thoughts?

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
I bet it would work like a charm in the log splitter bczoom. Probably a lot better fluid than just regular hyd. fluid. Heck it might work so well that the wood will split itself! :bonk:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
It works real well for weed killer on the fenceline. Tomorrow is my big test day! Get a liver scan and a bone scan. They drilled my butt for more bone marrow on Friday since my blood work is so whacked out lately.:yum::yum:

Mark.Sibole

I dont see a problem with it myself.It would probably work a lot better and easier starts on them very cold days.Even though the fluid is clean i would still run it through a strainer before you add it to the slpitter just in case any dirt got into it.I use the old motor oil to make my yearly fire in the field to help get the brush and stuff I cant use or is way to small for the boiler.Nothing like black oil to start a nice fire.

Mark.Sibole

It works real well for weed killer on the fenceline. Tomorrow is my big test day! Get a liver scan and a bone scan. They drilled my butt for more bone marrow on Friday since my blood work is so whacked out lately.:yum::yum:

Hope everything turns out for the good.I have to go friday to have a camera shoved down my throat to check on things.Lately things havnt been right and went to see the DR.He said could be anything from a bacteria to stomach cancer.Nothing like leaving the damn door wide open.I hope its something simple>Good luck to us all .At our age nothing is simple any more.

Kanook

I was changing the engine oil in my RTV yesterday and had a thought on when I change the tranny fluid.

Wondering about taking the UDT and putting it in my log splitter? As clean as the UDT comes out of the tranny, I'd hate to put it in the used oil drum.

Thoughts?

I did just that..Filled a splitter I got at TSC with used UDT 2 years ago. The slpitter has gone through 100+ cord so far....no problems so far.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Alright Mark and Bill. I will be thinking of ya'll and putting you on my prayer list . Comfort heading your way . judy

Kanook

Beautiful cloudless day here in my part of Ontario and warming up nicely. Was 22 below farenheit when the dog and I went to get the morning paper at the end of the lane way at 7:00am but at now at 10:30am it has warmed up all the way to only 10 below. Spring is coming....I think. Was blowing snow with the tractor yesterday and the RTV had to finish the job. Fine snow got into the tractor air filter and plugged it solid..fortunately I was at the 2nd last of the lanes that I clear and used the RTV with the Blizzard brand blade to finish up. When I got the tractor (B2650 bota with cab) into the wood stove heated shop and pulled the air filter from the cannister, the filter was completely coated with about 1/4in of ice and somehow the engine was sucking in enough air to limp home. I've never had an air filter ice up like this before..It was one of those days when the snow was fine and constantly being blown back at the tractor because of the wind,,,white out conditions on some of the roads that are in the open..Got a spare filter now that I will keep in the cab for if it ever happens again.

I should have figured out sooner that something was amiss because the tractor seemed to be having a more difficult time as time passed but I was distracted singing along to the toons on the radio.....kinda' like singin' in the shower.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hope everything turns out for the good.I have to go friday to have a camera shoved down my throat to check on things.Lately things havnt been right and went to see the DR.He said could be anything from a bacteria to stomach cancer.Nothing like leaving the damn door wide open.I hope its something simple>Good luck to us all .At our age nothing is simple any more.

Keep us posted Muley. Best wishes buddy.
Prayers for both of you fine gentlemen. Take care.

My wife (Gail) has surgery this coming Monday. 6 to 8 week recovery time. Prayers would be appreciated. She's a bit worried about me playin nurse for her. I told her I can handle it as long as I don't have to wear a silly white dress. :eek:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks SSChevelle!!!!!!

by the way, I'm in love wiht this 66 SS Chevelle, even if it is green. Beautiful car.
66's are my fav, I dream of finding one I can afford. Not to likely to happen though the way prices are going.

Attachments

• 66ChevelleSSforestgreen.jpg
    66ChevelleSSforestgreen.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 61

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Oh my goodness Doc ,I will add Gail to my prayer list too . :) Ya'll be careful up there with that cold. ( I hope you have a crock pot ) it can be really handy when you have a lot going on.
judy

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
I hope the best for you Doc, muleman, and mark.
Doc that is a killer chevelle , can you just imagine it being red with a black vinyl top?

Status
Not open for further replies.