New member, any 1100 owners in N. IN?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Go ahead a get a camera !!!!:2gunsfiring_v1:
We all get everything else for the little monsters !!!! Rear camera would be the stuff !!!!

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Did you look at my pic's and see the Kubota/OEM mirror's?
The pic's show them well.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Nice Machine.
Have a question....

On #1, what kinda cover is this ? Never seen before .

On #2, that would never work down here. Water and mud
would still get to the filter. I am speaking on my applications
and things that I've seen.

There has been several here , that just re-routed the plumming on the
intake, leaving the filters down at the OEM location. And still the filter
got water and mud/dirt into it.

If you stay on dry, clean ground, you should have to problem.

.......... two guns

Attachments

• RTV 2013.jpg
    RTV 2013.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 70

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc,

Those wont work on the 1100 without making my own bracket!
Oh. I see side mirrors on an 1100 are a bit more of a challenge. On the 900 it was easy peezy....no cab / doors to deal with. Different advantages to both machines.

Praetorian

Nice Machine.
Have a question....

On #1, what kinda cover is this ? Never seen before .

On #2, that would never work down here. Water and mud
would still get to the filter. I am speaking on my applications
and things that I've seen.

There has been several here , that just re-routed the plumming on the
intake, leaving the filters down at the OEM location. And still the filter
got water and mud/dirt into it.

If you stay on dry, clean ground, you should have to problem.

.......... two guns

I'm not sure what you mean by "cover" on the doors. They've been tinted is all. And that's the factory Kubota high rise intake. I wasn't aware that there was an option to mout the actual filter up higher...

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I'm not sure what you mean by "cover" on the doors. They've been tinted is all. QUOTE]

I'm sorry. I should have said "cover" over the glass. Or is it a opitical illusion.
The picture I looking at, kinda looks like it has some sort of "armour" or something different on the glass, even the Sliding part looks armour....
What I am looking at looks like some sort of cover over the glass. What I'm looking at is not tint. I see the other pics have tint, but this looks different .

Does anybody else see this ?

Attachments

• RTV Armour glass.jpg
    RTV Armour glass.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 61

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I don't know if RTv 1100 owners put their canisters on top themselves, or if there is a kit for the 1100 that makes it happen. But the 1100 RTV's I have seen down here, they all have the high canisters.

But wouldn't be anything to do. Just get a hose from a farm supply or a auto parts store. Run hose from engine to pipe, and then put canister on top. One might have to fab a bracket, but it can be done ....

Attachments

• High Intake Mount 5.jpg
    High Intake Mount 5.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 59
  • High Intake Mount 4.jpg
    High Intake Mount 4.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 59

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi All,
On the RTV1100 High rise intake kit OEM, the intake air is drawn from above.
When going in deep water you remove the moisture nipple and plug it with a vinyl cap which I keep in my rig all the time.
The air box is then leakproof, I have checked my intake depression with a digital water manometer and it is air tight.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi All,
As time allows I will take some new pictures of the RTV with some of my updates, most pictures are over a year old.
My newest ones are 8 months old with the Vette wheel's and T/A's

Attachments

• P1000862.jpg
    P1000862.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 57
  • P1000864.jpg
    P1000864.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 58

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hi All,
On the RTV1100 High rise intake kit OEM, the intake air is drawn from above.
When going in deep water you remove the moisture nipple and plug it with a vinyl cap which I keep in my rig all the time.
The air box is then leakproof, I have checked my intake depression with a digital water manometer and it is air tight.

Sounds like that is the easiest way to do it >>>>

It's great that it's air tight. Yes, it's drawn from above. For down here, for some of our applications. The canister would go completely under water during some running of the RTV in the swamps .
That is why I believe the 1100 owners down here, has moved their canister up. That is why I'm glad mine is up there on the 900 we have .....
I would hate for a stob, snag, or something get kicked up, and bang the end of the canister, and suck up water. The canister latches are made of nothing.
And then, we would have a big problem.
But most would not have to move theirs like that, plug it like you said with that cap, and let run it !!!!
....... two guns

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi Jamie,
Your intake air is direct - not conditioned.
The OEM RTV1100 High rise get has a conditioning bowl on top - was commonly used on older tractor's and equipment.
The bowl is engineered to maintain a swirl effect catching bugs and sand sediment, and it works - you can see it and needs to be cleaned often.
Easily removable and washable.
I run K&N inner and outer filters, I have 2 sets so I can wash,dry and condition one set and just install the other till next time.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Where the air box is positioned, it would almost have to take the fuel tank with it. It's all on element exposure and cosmetic appearance.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi Jamie,
With your setup, in heavy rain, I would worry about sucking in some rain and moisture.
The RTV creates alot of backdraft towards the back window that is created by rollover from the rounded cab when going at forward or backward speeds.
The intake vacuum in Diesel engines will approach Barometric pressures in intake depression.
I would check your filters when driving in heavy rain's, I would be willing to bet that the bottom of the filters are damp to say the least.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hi Jamie,
With your setup, in heavy rain, I would worry about sucking in some rain and moisture.

I would check your filters when driving in heavy rain's

We have no problems with moisture in filters. None. I thought about what you said when it was first installed years ago. But no problems.
And I agree with you, seems like one would take out the fuel tank before it hits the OEM Filter placement. But things bang up and hit in the woods ( and everywhere else offroad / fields/ etc ). Many things will be under mud and water where one can't see. It does happen. And never touch anything else.
Once even had a big stick like to knocked me out on a four-wheeler. Ran over it, it was in the water. How it came out from under the machine and slapped me upside the head is besides me. Cut me wide open.

And I also agree, this one on mine is direct. And the conditioing filter is the best.

We have them on some equipment here.

.......... jamie

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Yeah, ya never know what's under water, I give you lot's of credit down there in snakeland.
It's funny, when I was a kid, we would go to a dam on one of the lakes up here - full of water snakes. We would grab them by the tail real quick and whip our hand up and down real quickly and snap their neck - killing them instantly.
They would go right towards us while swimming and try to bite. Mean buggers.