First mow of the season

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Finished up mowing my yard on Friday, April 7th. So first mow is under my belt and we are off into another mowing season.
I spent 34 bucks on 10 gallons of gas for mowing. Today same station gas is up to 3.69. I suppose we'll hit 4 bucks a gallon before memorial day when boating season starts. :angry:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice weather here so grass is growing fast. Will be doing it weekly for awhile.

Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
On a related note, does anyone else still roll their lawn? I've done mine twice already. Haven't seen anyone else around here do it. I hate all those little bumps.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My yard could sure stand to be rolled. I lent out my roller and it never found it's way home. My memory sucks so I don't know who I lent it to. :bonk:
What size and weight roller do you use zoomer.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hope to cut mine for 3rd time tomorrow, if it is dry enough. 5 inches of rain last week. Diesel 3.99 gal

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is the cheapest price for diesel. Around here it's over 4.50

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What size and weight roller do you use zoomer.
It's 3' wide and I think 24" tall so that's around 50 gallon, 400 pounds. I had a larger one but it pushed my ATV around too much on the hills. Almost took out the corner of the house once.

ETF

I haven't mowed the whole 4-acre yard yet but I have used the mower to mulch leaves and hit a few of the high spots. All told, I probably have mowed the whole yard but just not at one time. Going to get serious about it this coming week.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't mowed the whole 4-acre yard yet but I have used the mower to mulch leaves and hit a few of the high spots. All told, I probably have mowed the whole yard but just not at one time. Going to get serious about it this coming week.
I'm surprised you're not mowing a lot earlier. Being in Texas, I'd have thought you would have started a couple months ago.

ETF

I'm surprised you're not mowing a lot earlier. Being in Texas, I'd have thought you would have started a couple months ago.

Yea, I usually start a few weeks earlier than this but the yard is mainly St Augustine which doesn't start growing until the temperature is consistently above 70° or even 80°. The temperature has been all over the place this year. Some days it is close to 80° and the next it is almost freezing. That doesn't stop the junk grass and the weeds from growing though. (n)