Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One more pic. This one was taken just after leaving the plane to give an idea of altitude.

If you look in the bottom corner of the pic, you can see the runway. We landed in a field near there.
attachment.php

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, after a day of rest after skydiving, my son and I went go-carting yesterday.

Go-carts are hard. Thought I was doing OK but passed by 3, including my son (who won the race).
There's a knowledge and strategy that needs learned IMHO.
My son did it on pure adrenaline and won.
It's not like other things where you're tossed in and do well.

Each race is about 10 minutes. After one race, I definitely needed a break as it's both physically and mentally demanding.

Here's a video (not mine) of a race on the track and the carts we used. If you watch it from the 30-second mark for about a minute or 2, you'll get an idea.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsPlkxZ87JU[/ame]

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics. Looks like fun all the way around. I love go carting. Pigeon forge has lots of them. Cooters in Gatlinburg has an indoor track and it has slippery stuff all over it so it's like ice. A blast to slide around on. The fastest track has you watch a film and where a helmet and all. Much like your video. I 'thought' my skill level was okay but with my weight the younger skinny guys had an advantage and would eventually pass me. LOL Still a blast.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No clue why posts appear out of order. Looking into that.
Some posts have to be approved ...even BC who is a mod ..his post went to approval queue. Looking to fix that.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hey and here we are..........;) I do llike how we can easily change the font stuff and insert the little faces....(y) Am sure some of the grumpies will have their share and do what they cannot..........It's gonna take some getting used to.....kinda like my 5th wife.......Thanks for all the hard work.........

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Collie!!! Thanks for checking it. Hey Dennis. Thank you sir for the kind words. I know what you mean about 'like 5th wife' LOL.

This is taking a good bit of getting used to both from the admin side and the general user side. I hope folks can put up with the aggravation caused by this change, I am positive it will be worth the frustration if we all give it a chance. With our old software way past end of life and our old PHP version soon to be end of life and causing tons of server errors we really had no other options. I kept us going on the old software as long as I possibly could.

Posts out of order and the moderator approval queue have both been fixed. :D

seery

I’m on an iPhone (Safari) now, but I don’t see an option anywhere for “View Desktop Version” or “Exit Enhanced Mobile View” like most forums offer.

Attachments

• D8F47BB8-1F96-4814-BDB0-E892286887FD.jpeg
    D8F47BB8-1F96-4814-BDB0-E892286887FD.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 5

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My apologies seery. I thought if it looked like the desktop on my phone that was 'desktop' view. Otherwise I'd never heard that phrase before and I'm unaware of what the difference is when going to what you call 'desktop view' when on a mobile device. Thanks for the image. Can you elaborate on what desktop view would give you that the regular view in safari does not give you? I'm asking what are we missing that you wan to do from your phone? Thanks.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i bought one of those finger thingy that checks your pulse and oxygen levels in your blood. i figure with the wu flu around and some of the locals said the DOC told them not to worry unless your blood oxygen drops.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
i bought one of those finger thingy that checks your pulse and oxygen levels in your blood. i figure with the wu flu around and some of the locals said the DOC told them not to worry unless your blood oxygen drops.
Those things are very handy. I got one a few years ago when I had pneumonia. Knowing that about corona virus I will have to dig mine out.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The O2 level is something that is totally important. Yes, it just measures the oxygen level in the blood. Over a bit of time, a few days, you take some readings and see that on the average the reading is 98. Pretty good for an old fella.

Let's say, you have had a cold for several days, and now the sore throat turns into a cough as the "cold" moves down into your lungs. You take a reading and it's 94. hmmmmm...........now the next morning it's 92 and you have a fever............

Sounds like pnewmoanya and you need some help before it drops to the 80's and imminent funeral arrangements......

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I hate to be a downer but I want to pass this along. My Daughter had the COVID and in May and is still recovering. Permanent lung damage and inflammation in the eyes that may or may not go away. No other health risks, young and in good shape. My Mother in Law tested positive, had mild symptoms and is recovering. My Father in Law is in the hospital with it and is headed to ICU this evening. He laid in bed for a week sleeping constantly. We heard about it and dropped off a pulse oximeter. Another few days went by and I didn't hear anything. I sent MIL a message and she had not tested him. A few minutes later she responded again and said it was 87. I said call the doc now or call the squad because he is less than 90 and is short of breath. By the time he got to the ER, the virus had a good foothold on him. He is on 6 liters of oxygen and barely able to stay above 90 sat. 95 or better is normal for healthy person. Every time he coughs or moves, his ox plummets. So he is headed to the ICU tonight where they can step up the ox and possibly, God forbid, put him on a ventilator. I am passing this along to our friends because I don't want anyone to have to go through this. If you feel the least bit odd, out of breath or symptomatic, check your ox and call the doc. I would rather they say its a false alarm ten times than have you live through this. They are reasonably certain he got this at church as they always remove their masks to sing and many others there are bad sick. But they had been to a couple of restaraunts recently. Get an oximeter , wear a mask and distance yourself from people. Respectfully, its not about freedom or the economy - it is about your personal survival or a loved one. You don't want this. God bless.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
so very sorry to hear that. i hope for a full recovery to all involved. thank you for posting this. in my AO the youngsters have been partying and having large crowd events. the school cancelled prom so someone just went out in the country and all the students had there own. it is getting bad here now as the whole nursing home is infected and several have died. the paper is full of obituary but no one is admitting to covid. i have a huge population of undocumented mexican,guatamolan etc and they are all sick but no one will get tested for fear of being let go from their jobs. it is a horrid evil cycle that just goes on and on.

Reactions: Doc
Status
Not open for further replies.