Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

bczoom

Staff member
One more pic. This one was taken just after leaving the plane to give an idea of altitude.

If you look in the bottom corner of the pic, you can see the runway. We landed in a field near there.

bczoom

Staff member
OK, after a day of rest after skydiving, my son and I went go-carting yesterday.

Go-carts are hard. Thought I was doing OK but passed by 3, including my son (who won the race).
There's a knowledge and strategy that needs learned IMHO.
My son did it on pure adrenaline and won.
It's not like other things where you're tossed in and do well.

Each race is about 10 minutes. After one race, I definitely needed a break as it's both physically and mentally demanding.

Here's a video (not mine) of a race on the track and the carts we used. If you watch it from the 30-second mark for about a minute or 2, you'll get an idea.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsPlkxZ87JU[/ame]

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Good pics. Looks like fun all the way around. I love go carting. Pigeon forge has lots of them. Cooters in Gatlinburg has an indoor track and it has slippery stuff all over it so it's like ice. A blast to slide around on. The fastest track has you watch a film and where a helmet and all. Much like your video. I 'thought' my skill level was okay but with my weight the younger skinny guys had an advantage and would eventually pass me. LOL Still a blast.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
No clue why posts appear out of order. Looking into that.
Some posts have to be approved ...even BC who is a mod ..his post went to approval queue. Looking to fix that.

D&D Farm

Hey and here we are..........;) I do llike how we can easily change the font stuff and insert the little faces....(y) Am sure some of the grumpies will have their share and do what they cannot..........It's gonna take some getting used to.....kinda like my 5th wife.......Thanks for all the hard work.........

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Hi Collie!!! Thanks for checking it. Hey Dennis. Thank you sir for the kind words. I know what you mean about 'like 5th wife' LOL.

This is taking a good bit of getting used to both from the admin side and the general user side. I hope folks can put up with the aggravation caused by this change, I am positive it will be worth the frustration if we all give it a chance. With our old software way past end of life and our old PHP version soon to be end of life and causing tons of server errors we really had no other options. I kept us going on the old software as long as I possibly could.

Posts out of order and the moderator approval queue have both been fixed. :D