new tires

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I just ordered the Terrabite Tusk Radials. From Rocky mountain atv. and a set of those 14 inch wheels I posted above .. Wonder how Im gonna explain that as a needed purchase to the wife... LOL

Funny note,. I did surf around and found those Tusk tires CHEAP>>>> but at checkout , something just didnt feel right .
They was gonna give a 10% disc for using a mastercard.. Then a multi item discount of like 90 bux..
When something sounds to good to be true it must be ?? Take a look.

I ordered from Rocky Mountain ATV Reputable site that it is..

Last edited:

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I just ordered the Terrabite Tusk Radials. From Rocky mountain atv. and a set of those 14 inch wheels I posted above .. Wonder how Im gonna explain that as a needed purchase to the wife... LOL

Funny note,. I did surf around and found those Tusk tires CHEAP>>>> but at checkout , something just didnt feel right .
They was gonna give a 10% disc for using a mastercard.. Then a multi item discount of like 90 bux..
When something sounds to good to be true it must be ?? Take a look.

I ordered from Rocky Mountain ATV Reputable site that it is..

I think you made a good decision not giving your card number. I bought a set of tusk wheels with EFX motovators from Rocky Mountain ATV for my Polaris Ranger last month. I almost got the terrabites. I really liked them too.841B0B40-086F-4909-9233-BB1EFD6C3FEA.jpeg

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Here they are,, Got them put on today .. Man Im getting old I rekon that might hurt for a week.
Pics got some reflection g (Also gave her a real nice stance .. No need wheel spacers to look right anymore. 1111201640.jpg1111201639.jpggoin on but can see the tires and wheels anyway.
Was wanting to add the 2 inch lift kit.. But I dont think it would fit in my garage afterwards...

Last edited:

Westfield

HB
That is a nice-looking machine! I would love to get tires like that but I would never get in my garage. My garage door is only 7 feet I'm still kicking myself in the butt. Not Putting an 8' door instead of a 7-foot. I just built this house 2 years ago and I was scratching my head should I get an 8-foot door. I would never have a use for it wrong :bonk:

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Heheheh Yeah same issue here.. My little shop door is only 7 ft. it JUST Clears.. !! I mean 3/4 of a inch as it is.
Rekon that liftkit I wanted is out of the question .
I am considering raising my shop roof, and adding 8 ft door. But just sounds like a lot of work to me.
Might wait till I need a new roof.... Pray for a tree to fall on shop maybe ?

Peachola

Here they are,, Got them put on today .. Man Im getting old I rekon that might hurt for a week.
Pics got some reflection g (Also gave her a real nice stance .. No need wheel spacers to look right anymore. View attachment 12498View attachment 12497goin on but can see the tires and wheels anyway.
Was wanting to add the 2 inch lift kit.. But I dont think it would fit in my garage afterwards...
Did you go with the same tire size all around? Love the look, real sharp!

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks I am pleased with the look.
I got the Tusk Terrabite 26x11x14 Gave it a nice looking offset,
I dont even see a need for spacers now. And No Rubbing anywhere.
Originally I had the factory 25x10x12 . So I ordered the 14 inch wheels too.
The 26 inch are just barely taller than the 25's,, But I did not want to decrease any hill climb ability or touch reduction.
Next time I think im gonna get the 26x12x14.

briarcutter

Anybody tried the Wanda P-341 tires ?

I've got a 2013 1100d ... what should I look for in any tire since they hav to carry that heavy diesel engine ? Do sum tires have "stiffer" sidewalls than others ?

Thanks in advance .... Paul

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I too was concerned about load rating and the 1100s being VERY Heavy machines.
Terrabite has a 740 load rating that x4 = 2960.,leaves a little room for error, BUT Did notice when I installed them The aftermarket wheels and the terrabite tires where Very Much lighter than the factory steel wheel and tire.
So that saved another 100 lbs ?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just put black water evolution tires on. One reason I went with them was reviews from other members here and comments on Rocky ATV site about how stiff the side walls were. It was a toss up for me between the Blackwater Evolutions and Terrabite tires. Both are a good fit for the RTV from what I've read. Can't go wrong with either.
I stayed with the 12" wheel and put 27x9x12 on the front and 27x11x12 on the rear. 9.jpeg10.jpeg11.jpeg

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Indeed looks great DOC !!
That pic of the rear with hitch,, Ya notice how far under the machine the hitch is, I have seen post building it stronger ,
I put a short extension on mine.
Would it make it any stronger to mount a plate though the 2 inch tube and bolt it to the rear trans protector or no ?
Kinda like ,,, oh I cant recall the post.. some one did on the front ? ? ? Border collie was that you beefed up the front hitch ?

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I do recall that thread, and think it was Collie that beefed up the front hitch. Or maybe Mark Sibol.

LOL Meigs county mud for sure. Lots of it around right now. Everything is wet wet wet. I tested the tires before the snow hit on xmas eve ....and I did take a pic. They were muddy 5 mins after I took it off the trailer and snapped some pics. LOL

12.jpeg

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
That looks like a proper buggy now Doc!!!

To help with my rear receiver hitch being so recessed, Kevin at Green and Sons suggested someone that solves two problems. It provides a skid plate to protect the underside of the trans and extends the receiver hit to a more usable position. My tow behind brush mower needed a bit more turning clearance.

I did not pay this price and you can find a better price if you shop around. It might also give you fabricators some ideas to turn one out.

Also, after backing into a patch of blackberries, I considered myself lucky that I only needed to hose berry juice off the transmission. If that had been something harder, it could have been a long walk back to the barn. So I also picked up the transmission cover plate. Shopped around and got it pretty cheap.
The skid plate/extension slides into the existing receiver and has four bolts. The trans cover shares two of the bolts. See attached pic and link below. 20201227_141023.jpg

I hope this helps.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter

Attachments

• 361FDE61-99AE-4A2C-8A8F-CBC0F05FE1C4.jpeg
    361FDE61-99AE-4A2C-8A8F-CBC0F05FE1C4.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Doc