Poor mans Dyno

AdamsRepair

Kubota says to test your RTV's pulling power. You take a hydraulic cylinder Part number 755389-63010 and install a gauge in the stem end after filling it with oil.
and hooking it with a strap to a tree or big post and pull on the cylinder with your rig in High you should see 600-800 psi on the gauge. The cylinder has a 1.3 factor and at 800psi that equals 1040 lbs pulling force which is where it should be. (No really I got this info from a dealer) So on the test bench to test this theory here is what I came up with.. Now stop laughing!!! dang it I was just playing around. lol

Attachments

• IMG_20140203_155954_098[1].jpg
    IMG_20140203_155954_098[1].jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 128

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I can't quit laughing !!!! For a second, before I got to the end of the post, you had me scratching my head >>>:a1:

...... two guns

King

wow that's some work there we have to make do with what we got. could wrap a rope around it and as it spins would tighten and pull the cylinder out until it ran out of power. Thanks Tim

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ummm, since your testing the RTV, shouldn't you at least use a RTV engine? That does not look like the D902...

AdamsRepair

Ummm, since your testing the RTV, shouldn't you at least use a RTV engine? That does not look like the D902...

It's my Old Deutz F5L413 I use for testing Clark C270 converters. No since building another test stand with another engine set up. My only problem is RPM"s The Deutz high RPM is set at 2350, and the Kubota's are at what 3100-3200RPMS ? That 180 HP don't even know the tranny is back there.
I test several things on that old engine. I need to figure out @ what PSI/ torque the horsepower control starts to kick in. Since 1140 trans and 900 trans are different. Contacted Mother Kubota but they won't give any info since I am not a factory trained Mech. or a dealer. Never mind the fact I have purchase over $30,000 in tranny parts in the last 3 years. Working on a real Trans Dyno set up. This home made set up is just to see if it is do able. I have sensors and transducers coming. My programer buddy is going to dial me in on some Data acquisition hardware. Then when we get all the bugs worked out we will be able to test right on the machine, just pull a back tire off set the diff loc and bolt it up and plug it all in. Then test.

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
You're like the R/D Department for Kubota.

Hope they're watching.

I'm sure they'll have a cheque in the mail soon.

AdamsRepair

You're like the R/D Department for Kubota.

Hope they're watching.

I'm sure they'll have a cheque in the mail soon.
Talked to a Kubota mech the other day. He just got back from training on the new 1120 transmission. Redesign still hydrostat, but they went with a bigger pump rotating unit, and a variable swash plate motor for range. They did away with the Aux motor. Which is I think is a good thing. I think all the units in the future will have this new designed tranny in them. My test tools will still be applicable. But I will still be needing the factory data.

AdamsRepair

I was not kidding about the Kubota pull test. From KUBOTA really....

Attachments

• kubota pull test.jpg
    kubota pull test.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 59