RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

touras

New to Kubota stuff and very impressed with the price of accessories. Buying stuff from Ski-doo and other toys I've owned in the past always cost an arm and a leg if it had the brand on it. Picked up some mirrors, speedometer, bed liner and a cover last week. The cover is really well made and only set me back $75 (CDN). It's great that they don't gouge you on add-ons.

DSC04418.JPG

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I see you have the snow deflector on you're blade. Just added one to mine this week but haven't had any snow to plow.

Do you find it makes a difference?
I really can't say as it's been on the blade since 2014 when it was installed on my 04 900. I leave it on because it has not been an issue with plowing over 10" of Michigan snow and, secondly, I plow my neighbors drive which is over 900 ft paved with a bit of "enthusiasm" and I don't want the lighter stuff coming over the blade and covering the windshield.

ItBmine

I didn't think I needed the rubber deflector on my blade with the RTV being not as fast as a truck or atv. But I do get a lot blowing up onto the windshield. So I called my Boss plow dealer and they want $360 for it.
Not sure I need it that bad, LOL

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I didn't think I needed the rubber deflector on my blade with the RTV being not as fast as a truck or atv. But I do get a lot blowing up onto the windshield. So I called my Boss plow dealer and they want $360 for it.
Not sure I need it that bad, LOL
See if you can find a chunk of used conveyor belt, it'll work fine. I found one from a local stone works when I needed some for a different project.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea Advantiguy. We were given a piece of that to cover the battery up in the skid steer floor. Works great.
I was also looking for some rubber to make a debris deflector for the skidsteer openings. I found some on the a mazon site that was different sizes and thicknesses but the bil found a rubber seller in Jackson (MS) . He had some 1/4 " remnants at a good price so with went with that instead of ordering.

Reactions: Doc

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Fairly new to the Kubota RTV scene so I don't know that much about the earlier models but I must say that is a nice looking machine. The cab really sets it off!
Thank you. The cab has been a great addition for plowing in Michigan winters.

ItBmine

Good ideas for the deflector everyone! I have a bunch of conveyor belting at home too. Years ago I took on a highway job hauling blasted rock in my new dump truck so I hung conveyor belting inside the box like a curtain. Worked a couple years on that job and not a single dent in the sides or tailgate.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I ordered a RTV X1100C in May of 2021 and took delivery of it on December 11th. I was #22 on the wait list when I ordered it and when I picked it up their wait list was up to 75! It replaced my 2014 X900 that I purchased new and had 1200 hours and 11,000 miles on it - all work related. I love having a cab and radio. Plowing is much easier. Working the Boss V-Plow control without gloves on is a new experience.

PhiCab

Great news BiffNH. I have been waiting on one for a couple months as well. I spoke to a dealer a couple weeks ago and he said they were having problems getting the metal tubing ...he said it would more than likely be the beginning of summer before they get many! UGH!

touras

Good ideas for the deflector everyone! I have a bunch of conveyor belting at home too. Years ago I took on a highway job hauling blasted rock in my new dump truck so I hung conveyor belting inside the box like a curtain. Worked a couple years on that job and not a single dent in the sides or tailgate.
Cost of mine wasn't bad, but you could easily make one with a piece of flat bar and any of the ideas mentioned above. I put mine on because the first snowfall was heavy and the snow was rolling over in front of the plow. The deflector seems to help funnel it out to the side (plus it looks cool).

DSC04411.JPG

ItBmine

Cost of mine wasn't bad, but you could easily make one with a piece of flat bar and any of the ideas mentioned above. I put mine on because the first snowfall was heavy and the snow was rolling over in front of the plow. The deflector seems to help funnel it out to the side (plus it looks cool).

View attachment 13650
That's probably better than the ones you buy Touras. That's big enough that would really get the snow rolling.

ItBmine

Great news BiffNH. I have been waiting on one for a couple months as well. I spoke to a dealer a couple weeks ago and he said they were having problems getting the metal tubing ...he said it would more than likely be the beginning of summer before they get many! UGH!
The mine at work at ordered a new Kenworth medium duty van truck. I heard the other day it is sitting in the factory ready to ship....except they can't get brake pads to put in it.
I also had to wait a couple months to get front U-joints for a 950M Cat wheel loader. cat said they had none in North America. They finally managed to match up some Spicer's to put in it.