RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

v10rick

Site Supporter
I believe this was the limit for my RTV. While transporting this load to a burn pile the front end felt very light. The bottom shot was not as heavy, IMG_0809.JPGIMG_0810.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've had some loads the hyd lift couldn't handle.
My gauge for when I've hit max load is when the stoppers on the frame hit their limit.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW!!! What a load. Impressive!!!!! :tiphat:

I carried some plastic totes and my grease gun to the pole barn with my RTV today. Not quite as impressive as the big wood. :hide: LOL

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I drove out on the pasture to look at the sunset....and drank a cold beer. (Actually... TWO of ‘em.). :giggle:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I finally gave in and removed the C shaped bar that sits betweeen the door and seat. Meant to keep one in the seat and not slide out I suppose. I've shrank I used to be 5'11, my spine compressed , and now I'm only 5'9". That bar gets my tail bone on the way in and out of the RTV. I can manage with it there if I have to, but I will try without it and see which way I prefer. Riding some of my trails should be interesting as these seats are very slick.

Last edited:

Semper-Fi

I finally gave in and removed the C shaped bar that sits betweeen the door and seat. Meant to keep one in the seat and not slide out I suppose. I've shrank, my spine compressed , and now I'm only 5'9". That bar gets my tail bone on the way in and out of the RTV. I can manage with it there if I have to, but I will try without it and see which way I prefer. Riding some of my trails should be interesting as these seats are very slick.
The only time i like the C bar is ,the top, is a perfect hand grip to get in the cab. I agree getting out is a problem. There should be an ideal design to have the current hand grip location and still use the upper and lower fastening points, and still have clearance for the dump lever while giving us ample clearance to get out of the cab. It needs to be nice and rigid like the current one. I need to think about this, and mock up some kind of cardboard one. Put that down as problem # 75 on my to-do list LOL.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had similar camo seat covers on my 900. This x1100c has split seats and we store stuff under them and the link you provided would work for that. Kewl. Thx.

Today I use the RTV and a lawn sweeper to clear the dead grass off the lawn. Have to get in and get out a couple times to accomplish the dump, but it was easier without the bar beside the seat (aka C bar that I took off). Then we drove to the river, up and down our hills. No problem not having the bar in place. :D I'm a happy camper. :D

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Once I heal up and get off these steroids, I have to mow the field and trails. It appears I'll have to use the bush hog for the first cut and then should be able to maintain it with the BX and belly mower after that. I have doors on my RTV but I would imagine having to hoist your caboose over that bar was a real pain. Glad its working out for you.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
The only time i like the C bar is ,the top, is a perfect hand grip to get in the cab. I agree getting out is a problem. There should be an ideal design to have the current hand grip location and still use the upper and lower fastening points, and still have clearance for the dump lever while giving us ample clearance to get out of the cab. It needs to be nice and rigid like the current one. I need to think about this, and mock up some kind of cardboard one. Put that down as problem # 75 on my to-do list LOL.
It would also be nice if they put the windshield grab handle that is on the passenger side, on the driver side as well. I don't like pulling myself in with the steering wheel, I feel like it may bend the steering shaft. Anybody make an aftermarket grab handle for the x1100?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I had the same problem - no drivers side handle. I found this on Seismik UTV Steel Grab Handle. It was perfect at first but over time, the rubber grip started to slip. So I got a couple of 2 1/4 high quality steel muffler clamps. That secured it. I got this from another supplier but I can't remember who. I did find it on fleabay for you at https://www.ebay.com/itm/324632922897?hash=item4b95a14b11:g:VVUAAOSw4yJgpUN9.

As my back has gotten worse, I wanted to add extra grips for the left and right sides of the roll cage. I found these at https://www.ebay.com/itm/293662331094?epid=209926456&hash=item445fa390d6:g:eO4AAOSwMYVfIKTi. They are reinforced fabric and not quite as rigid but they are handy when getting in and when you are on a steep sidehill.

I did consult our dealer before I did anything and found out the passenger side handle can't be purchased on it own. My thought was I could simply weld it onto the drivers side. Then I thought I could just weld a piece of heavy rebar where I need it. My dealer reminded me that any modifications to the roll bar assembly de-certify it from a warranty perspective.

So I wound up with a drivers side grab bar and a couple of lift grabs for about $60 bones and working fine so far. Hope that at least gets you on the target.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I also would like the grab handle like on the passenger side, and or the over head handle. Unfortunately with the cab the ones in the links above will not work on the x1100c cab. Wish they would. :(

ItBmine

Did another trail ride from home with the wife. Got 160-some miles on it now. I LOVE this thing. I never want to drive my atv's again.
I can't believe what this thing will climb, and in 2WD. And it uses next to no fuel.
And I don't even care about the lower speed. I raced motorcycles in the AMA up until 2013, so I got that all out of my system. I love cruising in this thing, dry, clean, comfortable and seeing the scenery.
Just like my Kubota tractor....best investment ever!

Attachments

• 20210523_202821.jpg
    20210523_202821.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210523_212229.jpg
    20210523_212229.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210523_215734.jpg
    20210523_215734.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 17