Step

solitude

<P mce_keep="true">Just wondering out there,would like to put a step or running board on drivers side.Anybody know if possible?</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> thanx</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Solitude</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think they're on Tommy's "to do" list once he gets his RTV.
</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">can you get me pictures and measurements of the side of your bota i am sure i can make what you want. things just didn't work out on my end for my bota right now so it's just gonna take a bit longer but like i promised i will cater to you guys . so if you can get me some pictures of where you would like the step mounted i'll see what i can do. if it can be done i'll get it done for you.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Thanks ..Tommy.</P>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">I think I have seen a step/nerf barfor sale somewhere but I can't remember where off hand. I'm pretty sure it was an ATV accessory company that somebody had posted a link. I'll give it some thought or do a Google desktop search when I get time. </P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">about the step for now until i get my rtv i am gonna try and make one that will work with the rails i have it figured out already so whoever gets the rails will beable to use the ladder.lol no it's not a catch to get you to buy the rails it's just i don't have the rtv so i have to mount it to something i have in my posession right??? sp please guys give e a little time and i'll get everything you wnat done belive me only two guns knows how small my crew is and i think under the things that are workin againgst me i'm doing damn good not on the fab side but on the getting the stuff out side . so i ask you guys to bear with me on this and i'll get you a nice ladder.</P>

<P mce_keep="true">TOMMY,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I just had an idea I will run by you........I want to put a strobe light on my 1100, in the back middle slot for lights....I will have to measure the bolt pattern and measure the plate and how far it is to my garage door so I don't knock it off when I drive in garage.......I can either bolt the strobe light to the new plate or get the magnetic strobe light and attach it to the plate with the magnet.........Everything will depend on the garage door measurements...........I will need you to fabricate a plate to attach to the existing plate and raise it high enough to put the strobe light higher than the roof........I will get some measurements tomorrow......I think once you get your Kubota 1100 delivered you will have all the fabricating you want.........</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil.,</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>ok i'll be waiting . i am putting 3/4 pipe sockets on the bed rails you know atleast three on each rail. would that be good.</FONT></P>

<P mce_keep="true">Tommy,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I am no fabricator, but I was thinking of a flat plate on the top to screw the strobe light down......What is the advantage to a pipe????????? How does it work?????????</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil.....</P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">well the pipe or pole would slide into the socket and when you need it you just put it up and when you don't just take it down and use the socket for something elseplus i can make it where you could mount something else to the pole to that way you could kill two birds with one stone.if you want a plate i can make a plate .i'll be more than happy to just give me the measurements.i'll have to show ya'll pictures of my finished rials when they are completly finished and you will get a better understandung of what i'm talkin about.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]I want to put a strobe light on my 1100, in the back middle slot for lights.[/quote]</p>

When you say "back middle slot", are you talking about the groove in the roof?</p>

Although my RTV is a 900, here's what I did. I bolted a plate (about 6x8") to the plastic roof where I wanted the strobe to go. I ran the cord of the strobe out the back of the roof. When I needed to pull in the garage with the shorter door, I removed the light (magnetic mount) and just stuck it to the rear cage.</p>

Assuming the RTV's are about the same height, if you're trying to pull in a standard, house garage door (what is that, about 6'8"?) the strobe does hit the door frame. Don't ask how I know...</p>

Something I've considered (and still thinking about) is a light bar like Tommy's made in the past. The difference(s) I'm thinking of are that it mounts near the rear of the roof. It's hinged to flip over the rear of the roof (so when flipped down, it's upside down and behind the roof). You flip it up or down, based on your needs (like getting in the garage).</p>

<P mce_keep="true">Brian</P>
<P mce_keep="true">My post on Nov. 1, 2007-New owner of RTV 1100-shows how I approached the lights on top of the cab. The light bar hinges twice to get the lights, when folded back, to "store" in the same orientation as when on top. There are several pictures of it in different locations. Tommyor youcould do a much better job of something along this manner than my attempt. I had the square tubing so that is what I used instead of round. It also made welding to it easier for me. I just wanted something to fold down incase I got into a situation of low hanging branches. I carry a battery operated saws all when in the woods to cut low hanging limbs. If clearing a path, I take the chain saw but the saws all is handy to have along and a lot smaller than the chain saw.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I have not been working on the 1100 this winter, as I have been doing other things. Now I am starting to get ready to plant corn-when the water goes down. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nick,</p>

What you have for your lights is in line with what I thought of. Something that flips from the top backwards.</p>

Here's the thread for those of you want to see the pics (the pics are toward the end of the thread).</p>

http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/t/2593.aspx</p>

</p>

Hey Neil - my URL option still doesn't work...</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true"> Thanks bczoom,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> I was a lookin' , new they were there somewhere, just couldn't find them to send to Tommy ~~~</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> That would be a great set-up for a 1100 series owner ~~~~ I like the way Nick fabed this !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> </P>
<DIV><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4> ~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></DIV>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
May I suggest/propose that further discussions about a light bar be moved to a newly created thread so we can keep track of it and don't distract from the content of this thread about a step?</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">sounds like we was stepping up to a light bar for a while. lol that light rack or something like would be no problem as soon asi get a rtv.i had a wrench thrown in the gears for a bit but it's still in the works and it won't be to foroff.</P>

<P mce_keep="true">Yes, it needs to be moved to a different location. I certainly didn't mean to interject it into the step topic. I am certain it can be improved a lot with more minds working on it. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">oh i was just jokin hey this is how stuff gets built by people posting bout it . . the rack it a good idea. </P>

<P mce_keep="true">BCZOOM,,</P>
<P mce_keep="true">The 1100 has three slots right above the windshield mounted into the roof for lights...............They also have 3 slots in the back right above the rear glass......I want to put the strobe in the middle slot in the back and the golight in the middle slot in the front......While I am on the subject what amp fuse do i need for the golight and strobe........10, 15, 20???????? Would I need a in line fuse also with the gang switch fuse.........</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,</P>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">I finally remembered - I think aluminum running boards are installed with Mattracks. Somebody else raised the question. You might contact them to see if they are available separately. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RUSTY ANVIL"]While I am on the subject what amp fuse do i need for the golight and strobe........10, 15, 20???????? Would I need a in line fuse also with the gang switch fuse.........</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,</p>

[/quote]</p>

The GoLight pulls 5.5 amps. A strobe should be less. I'd say a 10 amp would be ample. I "think" the GoLight came with its own fuse. As I recall, my strobes didn't. If your gang switch fuse is the main (supplying all switches), it wouldn't hurt to fuse each. I don't recall if I fused my strobes. BTW, you didn't say what strobe you're getting but read the directions. Some allow you to change the flash pattern by reversing the polarity on the power. </p>