Used my winch today!!!

ne-sd

Used my winch for the first time today. We have had a very wet spring and I had been close to stuck on a number of occasions - today I was stuck trying to go into a shed to retrieve a boat. Since I had installed the winch when I first got my 900, I had forgot what and how it was installed - finally got under the hood and found the trap door, pulled the pin and rolled out enough line to reach a pole. Found the control unit and then had to intall my in-line fuse near the battery. Pulled the 900 and was able to get moving. Frame had actually dragged on the mud. My wife was really impressed and said that she wondered why I had spent the money for something that never got used. Now she is wondering why we don't have one on the PU. I will be at the store tommorrow, before she forgets. Really worth the money on the 900. Jerry

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A winch is like car or home insurance in that you hope you don't ever have to use it, but when you need it it's a lifesaver.
Did you forget to take pics? You know we love pics here, and it sounds like those would have been good ones. :D

ne-sd

Doc I sure agree with you - I would have had to abandon the job if I hadn't installed the winch. Did not have a camera with us - wife usually carries her cell phone, but did not since the shed is about half mile from house. Will be getting the lawn sprinkler out today to wash the underside of the 900. Jerry

DIXIEDOG

They are nice to have in case you need them. I worked one into the deal when I bought my RTV 500 and I still haven't used it yet. But when I need it the winch will be there.:wink:

pappy19

Just make sure that when you use your winch that the engine is running or you'll soon run your battery down and then you're really stuck. Been there, done that.

Pap

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i use my winch almost every time i go ride it ain't fun if you don't get stuck.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you must fill duh rtv's tank at once and head south to duh swamps. there you will see a man called nut . he will then direct you to duh holy water in duh swamps. then and only then will you be able to baptise duh rtv in duh rich fertile waters of sout loozie-anna.

DIXIEDOG

you must fill duh rtv's tank at once and head south to duh swamps. there you will see a man called nut . he will then direct you to duh holy water in duh swamps. then and only then will you be able to baptise duh rtv in duh rich fertile waters of sout loozie-anna.

By south do you mean Portland, ME :yum: