XF: New Forum Software. Comments / Complaints / Questions ...Lets hear them.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That really helps. Thank You. Now, if it will save it for future sessions would be nice.
It "should" save it but I believe that's up to your computer, not the forum software. What are you using for a browser? I use Firefox and once you set it, the font size stays there forever (and the font size is by site, not globally across all sites you visit).

dan900

It "should" save it but I believe that's up to your computer, not the forum software. What are you using for a browser? I use Firefox and once you set it, the font size stays there forever (and the font size is by site, not globally across all sites you visit).
I use Edge. It did not save the new font size. Looks like I'll just go ahead and increase it each time I come to the site. No big deal. Thanks again.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A few fixes thanks to the migration team.
Links should show up blue now
Darker font for preview title so you can read it easier
New Style named RedGray2 has a slightly bigger font than the default. I could bump it up one more size if wanted just don't want to go overboard.
Some images were out of order and attached to the wrong post, that is now fixed.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
For me, i REALLY LIKE THIS.....yes, there are always glitches with something new, and then we learn our way around them and soon, we forget and move on with the new. I am just glad that our donations have been used wisely, and we should be thankful that we have some hard working fellas that have kept this alive in the past and bringing us the new and better version................God bless Guys

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For me, i REALLY LIKE THIS.....yes, there are always glitches with something new, and then we learn our way around them and soon, we forget and move on with the new. I am just glad that our donations have been used wisely, and we should be thankful that we have some hard working fellas that have kept this alive in the past and bringing us the new and better version................God bless Guys

THANKS Dennis!!!!!!!! :tiphat: Your kind words mean the world to me. :clap: :clap:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
XF = Xenforo. Written by the primary developers of the VB software we migrated away from.
It will take a bit of a learning curve but please don't give up. Ask anything here or simply comment or complain. Sometimes complaints lead to solutions so don't be shy.

How do I reduce picture sizes in order to post them? Thanks :)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some of our newer cameras take pics at such a high resolution that they are to big to post. To reduce size of pics you need a program like irfanview (a free download). Here is a link to a 64 bit download for your PC. https://download.cnet.com/IrfanView-64-bit/3000-2192_4-76444710.html
Just open your pic with this Irfanview the select image dropdown and pick resize/resample. Once there you can change the size of the pic by lessening the pixels to maybe 600 wide ...it will put the corresponding length in to keep the pic in proportion. This program will also let you flip the pic if it's sideways. And best of all it's FREE.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I like Irfanview for PC. Here's the author's own website. https://www.irfanview.com/

In addition to Resize, sometimes Image / Auto-adjust Colors can make a boring picture sparkle.

And Edit / Crop. Put a box around the area you want, hit this, and the area in the box is a new picture. Save it, to your desktop or somewhere you can find it again. Very useful to emphasize a part of a picture, or if you wish you had zoomed in your camera.

Shift / printscreen on a PC keyboard copies the screen to 'Clipboard'. Then open Irfanview, Edit / Paste (which brings in the clipboard picture), Crop, and save your screenprint as a .jpg picture.

Irfanview is not just an editor, it is also the fastest photo viewer. Use it to open the first picture in a folder. Then Spacebar or PageDown will jump through showing each picture in the folder much faster than anything else would.

Enjoy!

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If anyone has an ipad I’m trying an app named Image Size. looks good so far. Its worth the one time $3.99 to get rid of the ads.
Looks like Apple ios 14 includes an image re- sizer. Waiting a few days before I upgrade to make sure there aren’t any nasty bugs hiding in 14.