RTV 900 fuel adjustment

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Kubota Kanook, Way back then, I scanned the info into my computer and then emailed it . I looked for it during a storm this afternoon but didn't find it. Do you remember if it was adjusting a cable? I think so. and which one? . We have gotten almost 6 " of rain this week.. unheard of for July without a hurricane... So I will try to come up with something tomorrow as more rain is forcast and making for more free time. Then we can figure how to get it to you .......No Peanut, I didn't get my ticket neither I guess I'll just drive the 'bota up younder, I don't drive my truck that much faster anyway... ...Bordercollie.</p>

[quote user="bordercollie"]</p>

So Thomas, What all have you replaced or had repaired on the RTV with those hours? I have replaced the front driveshaft (rattler) several times the carrier bearing there 2x ,the rear ujoints, ball joints once, I am curious about the longivity of the injector pump and other expensive items. What about adjusting the valves on the engine? I have just over 2800 hrs on mine and use it only on the farm.I do my own repairs unless major stuff. Bordercollie</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

Sorry I took so long to reply.. changing buildings and had to scrounge for the records. </p>

Pretty much exactly what you have replaced, I do have one of ours in the shop now that had a pretty good hydraulic leak in the back of the trans between the case and (what I would call) the hyd manifold. I've had quite a few wiring issues, one heater fan, and lots of work lights replaced. Other than that, they have been good machines for us. Sorry to here about the others having problems and next time I talk to the Kubota rep I'll ask him what his thoughts are. There is an upgrade for the driveshaft that he told me about, and I'm anxious to see if it will last. The only other thing that comes to mind was severe rust in one of our RTVs' radiator. I managed to flush it out and one of the local Kubota techs told me that they have had a couple do the same.. there is a nipple in-line, right side by the transmission, that corrodes and causes that (if you have a cab and heater). </p>

</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you for the reply Thomas. I had heard that these engines will go forever and just wondered about your experiences I have no stops on my front end but have never (so far) messed up the cv joints. I did the "cornju fix" on the newest front shaft so will see what that does.Even though they have been replaced, I still have the old style ujoints in the rear. (I don't know how you could ever get grease up in that hidden one anyway). I will keep a check on those other items you mentioned. I don't have a cab but flushed my radiator this spring and the antifreeze still was that clean green.color. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. Bordercollie</p>

Hey Guys and Gals,,,,,,</p>

I wondered why no one showed up for the Rendezvous............I thought that Peanut (Tommy) used the money to fix up the canefield...........</p>

</p>

Rusty Anvil,,</p>

[quote user="bordercollie"] Do you remember if it was adjusting a cable? I think so. and which one? .[/quote]</p>

Bordercollie,,,,I think at the time that I was concerned about the setup/verification of either the throttle/hydro pedal or the shifter linkage setup. I think I was trying to determine a basic starting point. Don,t go to too much effort if it requires scanning numerous pages. I really should open my musty wallet and purchase a shop manual....I appreciate your effort.</p>

Lots of rain here too...This july has shattered the all time records for July and any other month in these parts. If it had fallen as snow, I,d bein the market for a tunnel boring machine. The sump pumb in my basement (which normally only operates during the spring melt before the frost goes out of the ground) has been earning its keep. The slab on grade that my new workshop will sit on required the 6-8in of topsoil be removed.Got a poor mans swimming pool out there now..</p>

</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Okeedoekee, Kubota K, I am trying something a little different and increasing the pixels in this next email scan. I am learning about new ways to scan/compute/ email so maybe soon I will get this done where it is readable.... Yes the rain is something alright . My garden is literally rotting on the vines. It rained another 3 inches last night. We lost several trees in the pasture and I saw that a little of the neighbors corn has been blown down, After tomorrow we should be in the clear...... Bordercollie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yes dat rain is something i took my kid tiresoff and put my man tars back on and we going to go hit someditchs and holes today.</p>

[quote user="tommy 20/69"]</p>

yes dat rain is something i took my kid tiresoff and put my man tars back on and we going to go hit someditchs and holes today.</p>

[/quote]</p>

UH-OH!...Think I,m finally starting to understand 'cajun talk. I'm becoming multilingual. I can now comprehend most of whats being said by</p>

..'Cajuns</p>

..People from New JOISEY</p>

..England</p>

..Australia</p>

..Texas</p>

..newfoundland</p>

Who said you can't keep on learning just because you're getting old :--)[quote user="tommy 20/69"]</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
you guys is lucky i looked up when i was typing because this is how it came out the first time then i looked up and said oh crap!! yea it's raing and we goin hit some bitchs and hoes. i tend to leave letters out and put some letters in by mistake alot i was really trying to say we was going to hit some ditchs and holes.lmao lucky i caught it befaor i posted it then ya'll would really been scratchin ya'll heads sayin what does rain have to do with the other two things???</p>

TOMMY er PEANUT</p>

I think I need to get oot an aboot more often....You're starting to make sense too me...Time for a vacation..</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Them coonass' down yondermustride on the short, smallschool bus >>>> </p>

I live in Louisiana and still cannot hardly make out Cajun typing, but we make do !!!!!</p>

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Two Guns..... lol. You tried to slip in a fast one on them Conass's didn't you? Those "short, small school buses" are for the 'special schools aren't they? You bad.........!</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
day don't have dem short busses down here day useduh long ones too cause day just as many stupid ones as dare is smart ones.lmao</p>

Thanks for the replies, I am still around, and I have received only one email in the past from a different forum member thats it. I have sent a "start a conversation test" to Two Guns so I guess we will see how that goes.</p>

I do not do phone calls.</p>

I am not mad at any one person or group, it just frustrates me when people would rather cut off their nose to spite their face.</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i think it would be better to cut out the start a conversation thing cause that just don't work like 99.9% of the time plus if you post all the info in the forum as people need it then others that come to the forum will be able to read up on their problem instaed of asking the same old question over and over again. like if you send methe info on a certain part well i have but knowone else does so they don't know whats going on then the next guy who is seraching the web will come across this websight and then ask the same question again but if you posted the info out in the open to begin with then that guy wouldn't have to be askin of if he did we could just point him to a page in the help section. so why not just start a sticky thread that as people ask for info we/you can post the question and the asnwer in that section and call the section the help thread just like we have a section for posting on accessories .</p>

</p>

[quote user="07rhino"] I have received only one email in the past [/quote]I never tried the start conversation, but It is generally accepted that the email function dose not work..at least as of a few days ago.</p>

BORDERCOLLIE.....Received with thanks your docs...Many Thanks</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
it doesn't work as of a long time ago back when onfoot was trying to get some bootsavers from me he was trying to email me through the sight and so was i and it never went through.of maybe it did and he didn't wanna talk to me.lmao</p>