RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

ItBmine

I actually just started to look through this thread. Awesome pics and info. I don't have time today, but my next week off I will put the dump box to the test. From what I see here looks like it can do some work.
I am always fixing wash outs on my bush road and I have a couple hills I have to climb. My B2620 tractor does it no problem in medium range with the loader and box blade or backhoe on, but it is slow going one bucket at a time. So was hoping the RTV will haul at least a full bucket from the B2620 of pit run gravel. At least then I can sit in the cab out of the mosquitoes, LOL

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Indeed they are dream machines !! I totally agree with you on everything with the exception of comfortable..
I dont think mine is Un comfortable,, But for the seat, they could have made them a little bit MORE comfortable.
Maybe even with a little backward tilt ??

ItBmine

I've only drove two other side by sides and I think the Kubota seats are better than the 900 Ranger. But the Yamaha Wolverine my friend has, has better seats than both.

Looking at posts here, I see hours and mileages put on like Bordercollie has done and it makes me feel even better about my purchase.
my newest Polaris needed all four wheel bearings and shock springs at 2400 KM.

I see some users here have a Boss plow. As far as using those and seeing the posts on battery life....should I use a battery maintainer? Does the Boss vee plow tax the battery at all?

ItBmine

Had my son in the RTV and me on the tractor fixing my trails after we got a torrential rain. Hauled another 21 metric tonne up the hills, 2 buckets at a time.

Attachments

• 20210703_150734 (Large).jpg
    20210703_150734 (Large).jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210703_151835 (Large).jpg
    20210703_151835 (Large).jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210703_153945 (Large).jpg
    20210703_153945 (Large).jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 15

ItBmine

Then the wife and I went for a ride last night. Came across a moose but couldn't get a pic as it was getting dark. But was greeted by two of the four fox cubs that live in the den behind my house.

Attachments

• 20210704_221044 (Large).jpg
    20210704_221044 (Large).jpg
    220 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210704_223743.jpg
    20210704_223743.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210704_224624.jpg
    20210704_224624.jpg
    936.4 KB · Views: 14

LoneWillow

Then the wife and I went for a ride last night. Came across a moose but couldn't get a pic as it was getting dark. But was greeted by two of the four fox cubs that live in the den behind my house.
Hey! Looks like you have some Aux lights. I just bought a X900 and want to put some lights on it. Did you use any specific wiring harness or just a generic light bar harness? Thanks! New to the forum.

ItBmine

I'm not sure all the details LoneWillow but I can say they told me they bought the factory Kubota kits in order to get the factory wire harness and switches......but that was the only price I paid. I told them I wanted LED lights and they did, but I paid for just the factory Kubota work lights.

I have a full width light bar on front and two on rear.

Now I'm going to make a bracket to go on the rear center light mount so because I have one of those remote controlled 360* LED spotlights like the utility company trucks have on them.

LoneWillow

I'm not sure all the details LoneWillow but I can say they told me they bought the factory Kubota kits in order to get the factory wire harness and switches......but that was the only price I paid. I told them I wanted LED lights and they did, but I paid for just the factory Kubota work lights.

I have a full width light bar on front and two on rear.

Now I'm going to make a bracket to go on the rear center light mount so because I have one of those remote controlled 360* LED spotlights like the utility company trucks have on them.
Fantastic thanks so much for the info. I suppose I'll talk to my dealer and see what my options are. I've done a decent amount of electrical/lighting work on vehicles in the past so I can only assume this would be even easier.. I'll just have to be careful about the draw. Thanks again!

ItBmine

Talk to your salesman. Sales can order that stuff far cheaper through whole goods than the parts department can get it..

The good thing about LED's is they have very low current draw.

I had a strange thing happen though. I can run my front bar and rear work lights both together for along time no issue. But one night I was up in my back yard and the foxes came out to see us so I shut the engine off and it immediately blew the 15 amp fuse for the worklight circuit.
Engine running no problem.

LoneWillow

Talk to your salesman. Sales can order that stuff far cheaper through whole goods than the parts department can get it..

The good thing about LED's is they have very low current draw.

I had a strange thing happen though. I can run my front bar and rear work lights both together for along time no issue. But one night I was up in my back yard and the foxes came out to see us so I shut the engine off and it immediately blew the 15 amp fuse for the worklight circuit.
Engine running no problem.
Thanks for the tips. Interesting the fuse blew.. not sure how many lights you had on at the time but there are variances on those fuses so I can see it happening.

I actually don’t have a salesman because I purchased the Kubota with a farm.. I’ll have to ask the PO for his salesman’s info.

appreciate the help.. never met a friendlier forum!

ItBmine

Yes, I am enjoying this forum now. Some of the tractor threads are pretty slow, but this site RULES for RTV info and Bordercollies's vast experience with the Roxor.

And none of the ignorant bickering that the other forums are full of.

I just had the front light bar on and the two rear LED work lights. I don't even know the brand or wattage rating of them. They aren't anything high end like Rigid's I don't think. But I am happy with their light output as you can see in my pics.

ItBmine

Well, today is the big 50 hour first service day on the RTV1100. I love how it has the same engine and uses most of the same filters as my B2620.
My dealer is an hour and a half away so I always keep a stock of filters and oils here and that makes it a lot easier.

My Boss plow is in for it, but they never sent the wiring harness in this shipment. So the Boss dealer gave me a $100 off on the skid shoes and then said he will give me another discount for being patient!

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Used the 1120D and the DR tow behind to cut the field around our orchards and some trails. Lots more to do. I noticed that neither has used a drop of oil all summer despite moderate use this summer. No antifreeze smell on the RTV so I guess I sealed up the clamp that was leaking. Topped off the overflow tank. (Also checked the tank in the BX2230 to be sure its was topped off).

Used the RTV to drag an ash log from a tree that dropped across one of our trails and noticed a five foot snake skin hanging on the log just before I moved it.

Question - I have five equal sized Blackwater Evo tires. Does anyone else rotate their tires? These don't see much blacktop, primary field and township (gravel) road use.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I see snake skins like that in my pole barn and one time found one under the back hatch of the boat we stored in the pole barn. Thankfully never found the snake on the boat. LOL

If you see wear on the front it would not hurt to rotate them.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
I see snake skins like that in my pole barn and one time found one under the back hatch of the boat we stored in the pole barn. Thankfully never found the snake on the boat. LOL

If you see wear on the front it would not hurt to rotate them.
Snakes on a boat! The sequel to snakes on a plane. :yum: