RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

ItBmine

So the 520 worked out well for you with the plow Touras? Looks like you also have a pretty good size drive to take care of.

My 1100 with the plow worked out. I just still prefer my tractor and blower for the heavy snow falls. Just because I never did like plowing, but I'm getting more used to it.

ItBmine

I imagine all brands are the same right now, but I've been looking at the Kubota web site and I'm sure glad I got my RTV when I did. I can't believe how much Kubota prices have increased in just the last two years!!!
I'll be keeping my current tractor now. was thinking of upsizing a bit but not at these prices.

Two years ago I priced a Grand L3560 cab tractor with the bigger loader, all rear remotes and a rear snow blower with hydraulic chute deflection and rotation. it was $50,000 Canadian.
I looked the other day.....the BARE L3560 cab is now $50,000 Canadian before you even add the loader!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

touras

The thing is a beast! I'm amazed at what it will plow through.

Prices of everything have gone nuts. Don't know where it's going to end.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Interest rates are about to start heading up - some economists feel that this will slow the economy, reduce inflation and give the supply line time to catch up. Other economists believe this will cause a recession. Either way, we're going to have a miserable 18 months or so - economy wise. We put our purchase plans on hold and stocked up on Jack and Jim.

ItBmine

Not me Pawpaw........buying toys and having fun before the world ends, LOL

No sense leaving money in the bank for them to take, up here in communist Canukistan. Look what they did to the truckers in the protest. And the tow operators that refused to get involved.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Yeah, I've been wanting to get solar panels for years, but we had too many trees. So over the years I have acquired all of the equipment to make it a reality. Now I just cut 'em down, chip the little stuff, the rest is split and stacked! Easy peasy! The above pictures are the last of two very large ash trees and a massive white pine. The rounds were so big it took 4 wedges to crack 'em in half! Then I used the tractor forks to lift 'em onto the splitter. Worked like a charm! This picture was taken in late afternoon, those shadows are from the trees across the street. I am currently, as I write this, sending 7.6 KW back to the grid!!!!

IMG_20200918_112335049_HDR.jpgIMG_20220111_151228304.jpg

touras

Yeah, I've been wanting to get solar panels for years, but we had too many trees. So over the years I have acquired all of the equipment to make it a reality. Now I just cut 'em down, chip the little stuff, the rest is split and stacked! Easy peasy! The above pictures are the last of two very large ash trees and a massive white pine. The rounds were so big it took 4 wedges to crack 'em in half! Then I used the tractor forks to lift 'em onto the splitter. Worked like a charm! This picture was taken in late afternoon, those shadows are from the trees across the street. I am currently, as I write this, sending 7.6 KW back to the grid!!!!

View attachment 13925View attachment 13926
Right on.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
does the power co. pay you back for your 7.6kw . if so , how much per month,if you dont mind me asking?
CT is a net neutral state. Meaning I can only produce what I consume. My electric meter spins both ways. In the summer months when we have more sunlight, and I'm producing more than I consume, the meter spins backwards, sending the excess back into the grid, thus earning energy credits. In the winter when we have less sunlight, and I'm not generating as much as I'm using, my meter spins forward, consuming my earned credits.
The system is built to produce my yearly average, so essentially I get a $0 electric bill, give or take a little bit. And because I own the system with a low interest loan, my payments remain the same. My loan payment is lower than what my average monthly electric bill was. Regardless of how expensive the electric gets in the future, my payment is always the same, until the loan is done. So as time goes on my benefit increases.

stotty

hi I just bought a Kabota rtv 900 and I went to go and start it one day tired the ignition on and then let the glow plugs warm up then turned the key and hole rtv just went dead so anyone have any idea on what I could be and how to fix it ??

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
hi I just bought a Kabota rtv 900 and I went to go and start it one day tired the ignition on and then let the glow plugs warm up then turned the key and hole rtv just went dead so anyone have any idea on what I could be and how to fix it ??
If it's like mine, it will only start in neutral. Set the parking brake, make sure it's not in gear, and try again.

stotty

If it's like mine, it will only start in neutral. Set the parking brake, make sure it's not in gear, and try again.
I have tried to start it any ever gear Evan neutral but when you turn the key nothing happens like Evan just turn the key for the ignition to go on nothing light up and horn or that doesn’t work at all

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Check battery terminals for corrosion and tightness, also check the other ends to make sure they are tight. Sounds to me like a bad connection or a fuse.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Just for clarification, the glow plugs seemed to work as they should? When you moved the key to the start position you lost power to everything? Currently you do not have power at any key position. If all the above is true then I would start with the battery and make sure it doesn't have a dead short (most auto parts stores will do a load test on batteries for free) and then check all the connections to ensure you have good connections.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
With no lights nor horn, I would check the battery, it might be dead as Armyaviatar suggested. . Also check the ground where it is attached to the frame.