RTV Daily uses, What did you do today with your RTV?

ItBmine

Nice setup. I'd rather have the blower on my RTV than the Boss plow, but I couldn't stomach the 24 thousand for the front blower setup Kubota wants here in Canada.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Nice setup. I'd rather have the blower on my RTV than the Boss plow, but I couldn't stomach the 24 thousand for the front blower setup Kubota wants here in Canada.
Ouch! 24K Isn't that what an x1000 costs new? Why so much just for the blower? There is something wrong with that pricing.

ItBmine

Ouch! 24K Isn't that what an x1000 costs new? Why so much just for the blower? There is something wrong with that pricing.
Well, besides everything costing way more in soviet canukistan, that price is the blower with that whole K-Connect setup. It kinda blew my mind when I got the quote. That's what I paid for my B2620, loader, mower and snow blower new, LOL
Even the Kubota branded plows cost way more than the Boss did.

tfdr1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119_221032_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119_221032_Chrome.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 7

uncleDerek

I finally got my RTV back from the dealer. While there fixing the linkage that slipped out of sync, I had a few other things done that by themselves were not worthy of a trip to the dealer. Left melted headlight fixed, fuel gauge replaced (it had been intermittent but turns out it was the gauge, no labor for replacing). I also had tubes put in the rear tires and I got the hand throttle yall had been talking about. Awesome.

So today I used the tractor FEL to load gravel in the RTV and ran the loads down to problem spots in my trails. Road maintenance I call it but actually is it trail maintenance. So much better to climb hills in M with the hand throttle than to chug along in L. Wish I had moved on this item a few years ago instead of procrastinating like I did.

Then I used it for it's weekly duty of hauling the trash up to the road for pick up tomorrow. Such a nice day, I'm wore out. Not ready for Monday workday tomorrow but somehow I'll survive.
Hello,I'm still working on my rtv so once I'm done I got it strictly for work.i bought my retirement property an its a whole mountain I decided to build my log cabin halfway up it,so I'm working on a lot of hills an steep hills going from road up to my cabin.havnt gotten the rtv to my future permanent home so I'm cutious,curious, like the throttle is almost necessary in our circumstances? If so mayb I should have messicks send me one,or just make one quick since it seems pretty simple.but I'm asking,in my circumstance necessary? Also unfortunately I just mounted new tires myself on my rims,but I didn't add a tube should I get tubes? U find that it helps a lot? I was actually thinking about that as I mounted them,seems it could break a bead fairly easy in rough terrain,stumps an rocks, I could see how a tube would totally help, I think anyway,what's ur take? Mayb just buy 4 an keep them on hand incase? If you don't mind,could you tell me part number for cable so I could check it out? An what tube size do you run? I put 26 inch tall tires on my stock 12 inch rims. 8 inch wide in front an 12 in rear im pretty sure,have to double check widths,I got them brand new all 4 for 200$ so its good for now.not the best kind or brand but I'm low on funds so it will work.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As for tubes in the tires, I ran without them for 18 years without issue. Got a slow leak in one tire this winter so I did put a tube in it. Here's what I bought. I'm running Maxxis 25x10x12 tires but they're actually a tad over 26" tall.

As for the hand throttle, I've climbed steep hills without it but I do prefer it, especially if you have weight in your bed.

Another thing you're going to find. When you go to climb a steep hill, if you push the gas pedal to the floor thinking that's how to get the most power, that's wrong. When climbing and the engine starts to bog down, feather OFF the pedal to around the 1/2 way point and that will kick in an aux pump that will give you a lot more power but with a loss of speed. Don't know exactly how steep your hills are but I'd strongly suggest you stick with low range until you get a feel for it. If you stall it on a hill, it can be a bugger to get it back into neutral to get it started again. Do not jamb the shifter to get it back into neutral. I have some really steep hills and I don't think I've ever climbed them in anything but low range.

uncleDerek

As for tubes in the tires, I ran without them for 18 years without issue. Got a slow leak in one tire this winter so I did put a tube in it. Here's what I bought. I'm running Maxxis 25x10x12 tires but they're actually a tad over 26" tall.

As for the hand throttle, I've climbed steep hills without it but I do prefer it, especially if you have weight in your bed.

Another thing you're going to find. When you go to climb a steep hill, if you push the gas pedal to the floor thinking that's how to get the most power, that's wrong. When climbing and the engine starts to bog down, feather OFF the pedal to around the 1/2 way point and that will kick in an aux pump that will give you a lot more power but with a loss of speed. Don't know exactly how steep your hills are but I'd strongly suggest you stick with low range until you get a feel for it. If you stall it on a hill, it can be a bugger to get it back into neutral to get it started again. Do not jamb the shifter to get it back into neutral. I have some really steep hills and I don't think I've ever climbed them in anything but low range.
Thank you great info, my father has a new Holland tractor same platform, same.motor an hydro tranny an he bought it new.it has the exact same issue putting it in to gear or switching from hi to low.the tractor has a forward reverse pedal idk if your familiar but I found a way around that lousy gear bind by pushing a bit on the forward pedal at same time im putting it into gear.if not its a bugger to say the.lest!!!! Which leads me to think,idk mayb if your trying to put rtv into gear at same time give it very little throttle ? Does that help possibly? I'm curious now,on the tractor im not giving it throttle im just hitting to forward pedal a bit.so its not ram's helping it,its something with hydrolic flow apparently, now I need to add another darn thing to look into on mine lol.i have a bad habit of getting to the bottom of problems lol.lifelong fabricator I guess its just in me.haha.
Mines a 04 actually the serial number shows mine is right around the very first ones ever made around the 1,000 one off the line! Mayb I won't have that issue? Idk

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The issue when on hills is getting the pressure off the hydraulics. Newer models have a pressure relief of some sort built in. The older ones like yours and mine don't have that. If there's pressure on the hydraulics when you try to shift, the gear lever won't move unless you apply a lot of force (which is bad). If you want to change gears when there's pressure on the hydraulics, I normally apply the emergency brake for 5-10 seconds which lets the pressure release then you can shift.

Last edited:

uncleDerek

The issue when on hills is getting the pressure off the hydraulics. Newer models have a pressure relief of some sort built in. The older ones like yours and mine don't have that. If there's pressure on the hydraulics when you try to shift, the gear lever won't move unless you apply a lot of force (which is bad). If you want to change gears when there's pressure on the hydraulics, I normally apply the emergency brake for 5-10 seconds which lets the pressure release then you can shift.
Ok,I understand that.thank you.makes sense

touras

Took my plow off yesterday (and yes it snowed last night). Had an old set of snowmobile dollies in the garage and figured I could use them to move the plow when needed. Works good!
DSC04823.JPGDSC04825.JPG

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heck yeah, Those work great for moving stuff around.
Man, very nice garage floor. Looks great.