Time to change the tires on the RTV900

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
WOW.....Believe it or not, I just checked the status of the UPS delivery and it shows that the tires are due to be delivered TODAY. I just ordered these yesterday. If it's true, that would be the fastest shipment I've ever received as I have never ordered anything over-night.
Nice to hear they got there that quick.

Was not trying to bother you. I understood what you stated. What I meant was I will be waiting no matter how long it takes. Try to have a good day.

Tact

Just got them mounted and installed.....and I couldn't be happier. I don't think I could have gone to 27's, but those might have worked as well. There's not a lot of clearance left with the 26's, but these look so much better than the stock sizes.

Attachments

• 20161103_122400_resized.jpg
    20161103_122400_resized.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20161103_122421_resized.jpg
    20161103_122421_resized.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 90

Vette62

Replacement tires for RTV900

I recently purchased a set of Kenda Executioners for my RTV900. I really like them and havent had to put it in four wheel drive yet. The size I bought was 26X10X12 for the front and 26X12X12 for the rear. The only issue I had was the wheels that I installed them on was John Deer aluminum wheels. These wheels did not clear the rear shock tower so I had to install 1" aluminum spacers on the rear. I am sure if I had stayed with the stock steel wheel that would not have been an issue. I didn't have any issues with rubbing.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 63
  • s-l225[1].jpg
    s-l225[1].jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 63
  • s-l225[2].jpg
    s-l225[2].jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 63

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I recently purchased a set of Kenda Executioners for my RTV900. I really like them and havent had to put it in four wheel drive yet. The size I bought was 26X10X12 for the front and 26X12X12 for the rear. The only issue I had was the wheels that I installed them on was John Deer aluminum wheels. These wheels did not clear the rear shock tower so I had to install 1" aluminum spacers on the rear. I am sure if I had stayed with the stock steel wheel that would not have been an issue. I didn't have any issues with rubbing.

Much like my Grim Reapers. Great traction but man will they chew up a lawn.

100_1302_zpsbeba5fb7.jpg

Vette62

True. They will chew up a turf. I have to be careful in my yard. But at my hunting camp is where it counts and I have not had to put it in four wheel drive yet. I really like them.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
For your use they should keep you from walking home or back to the camp. I don't drive my BEs in the yard neither, as we call it here in my part of the south ;) . If I did ...boy hidee.... Or even worse, get that heavy machine on the fragile stone tile sidewalk.. triple boy hidee.. ;) ;) .. Congratulations ! collie

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
True. They will chew up a turf. I have to be careful in my yard. But at my hunting camp is where it counts and I have not had to put it in four wheel drive yet. I really like them.

Agree, that's why I just stay off my lawn with mine.

Tact

That is the only thing I fear with the BE's, the more aggressive tread. I have zoysia sod and huge trees. Limbs fall more in the fall and winter and we use the Kubota for clean up. Winter time the ground is a lot softer as well. Not sure how this is going to work out.

ovrszd

It's a trade-off that I accept. Scuff the yard or walking back to get the tractor to pull the RTV out of a stuck. No brainer for me.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If it 's a problem, you might could use your old tires on a cheap set of rims and change them out seasonally. I used to do that in the old days to save wear on my grippers. I think that if you don't turn sharply and stay off during wet weather, you should be ok- during dry weather I leave no noticeable trails when I have to do cleanup.
I have to go around the sidewalk regardless because the stone" mason" put the stones down slightly over the edge and no mortar there so...what a mess... can't get the zero turn on them neither. collie

cchaffee

I just put a set of Carlisle ACT HD's on a couple weeks ago. I was really worried about the load rating as i found i have used my RTV for hauling some pretty good loads. I used 25X11X12 all the way around so i can rotate them. They are Made in US, really aggressive, and I have not used the 4 wheel drive since and it is muddy right now in NE PA. Time will tell, but so far I really like the radials.

Attachments

• SH_59.jpg
    SH_59.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 47