Toolmans gun rack

Mark.Sibole

always nice to have the proper tools for the job.Ive been wanting a plasma cutter for a long time but I cant justify the cost...

ovrszd

Mark, I totally understand. I think I paid $1200 for my Miller 625. I put that purchase off for a very long time. Actually came home from an Iraq Deployment and treated myself. The jump from a torch to a Plasma Cutter is much, much greater than the jump from a stick welder to a MIG. Hard to get past that initial investment but the payoff is awesome. :)

Tim's gun racks!

I got my racks today! Absolutely perfect!! Just what l was looking for! Well worth the $$$!! Thanks again,Toolman........Donbonjovi

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
always nice to have the proper tools for the job.Ive been wanting a plasma cutter for a long time but I cant justify the cost...

Hard to justify the cost of a plasma cutter but I finally took a chance on one on Ebay for under $200. It actually works quite well. I buy good welding equipment but couldn't justify that for a plasma cutter.

1/8" stainless steel sheet cut with it. If anyone's interested, I'll post the particulars. Purchased off Ebay right here in Michigan.

attachment.php

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have seen his ad on facebook but it is also pretty old. maybe you can contact him there?

1475 E Pine Ridge 47840 Center Point IN United States his last info.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I finally figured out a cheap way to mount a Rack behind the head rest on my x1100.
pic quality is bad but can get an idea . I just removed the bolt at top of headrest mount on the headliner and put in a longer one . Cheap rifle mount off amazon for a 4 wheeler.

Just a little 20 for snake killin .

Attachments

• 1128201507.jpg
    1128201507.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 26

theserb

I got creative myself rigging up a rifle rack in my RTV. Picked up a set of rubber mounts at Walmart for $20. Then off to my local farm center store for a couple of flat 2"x4" fence tie plates for $10. I just drilled a couple of holes in the plates to match the rubber mounts and used an existing bolt on the rear panel below the headrest to mount my setup. It's secure and out of the way. Took me maybe a half hour to drill the plates and bolt everything up.

Attachments

• IMG_2617.jpg
    IMG_2617.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 34

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Funny , I went to our walmart supercenter to buy some atv mounts before I ordered some. ( we have 4 supercenters)
Our walmart has removed all firearms. Ammo is gone. and EVERY THING fire arm related is on the clearance isle
(not much left ) Clearance on all the fire arm safes, lockers, Locks too . Looks like not only do they want out of the fire arm business , They dont even want them to be safe any longer ,, Or they would continue to sell the lock boxes and safes.
I asked the Walmart employee if they had sold out to china ? He laughed
As They had no shovels ,hoes, rakes, axes, chainsaws, or anything fire arm related .Had rearranged the store
. WIERD

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Hard to justify the cost of a plasma cutter but I finally took a chance on one on Ebay for under $200. It actually works quite well. I buy good welding equipment but couldn't justify that for a plasma cutter.

1/8" stainless steel sheet cut with it. If anyone's interested, I'll post the particulars. Purchased off Ebay right here in Michigan.

attachment.php
Tractor Supply was selling 120-volt Forney Plasma Cutters at year-end for $400 so I bought one. It has cut about 2K feet of 20-ga sheet metal (installed R-panel siding on the old ranch-house) and also cuts 1/4” steel plate just fine. Great brand-name for a great price… much easier than a cutting torch as well. (click on the links to see the pics. The plasma cutter made the cut angles on the top edges to fit the sloping roofline possible.)

Attachments

• 05913B05-0F61-4EA3-AEC2-71916E55B2D7.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 13
  • AFCBED93-C442-4122-A95C-A90FFF02DEF4.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 17929B07-30EA-46F6-9BDF-7A95D90B09FC.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 7B3D33BB-EBCA-462B-9B7C-CC11798B1375.jpeg
    8.9 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Here’s what the old siding looked like before I covered it with the R-panel. (Click on the pic to enlarge it and you’ll see what an improvement R-panel over it is….gives an idea of just how much I love that plasma cutter) Sorry for the thread-drift…GET yourself a PLASMA CUTTER!

Attachments

• A188FA0A-76D3-4199-94DB-65349B01623D.jpeg
    A188FA0A-76D3-4199-94DB-65349B01623D.jpeg
    758.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1BC42B37-2E02-4714-A156-458649466F76.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very impressive. :clap: :clap:
I don't need a plasma cutter but I want a plasma cutter. LOL

I don't understand why some of the images don't show the thumbnail and they open in a new tab. Weird.