Why want my Rtv move

• Not sur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1120 not moving

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter

in this manual page 78 it refers to the front most filter as the suction filter??? the service manual at least the one i have doesn't agree. but the number i gave you is correct for the rear most filter and it's placement so check it anyway. Kubota manuals are less than to be desired but it is all we have. the rear most filter is attached to the charge pump housing. so i guess i will refer to it as the charge filter from now on to hopefully avoid confusion. sorry also to note that i refer to the front as oriented from standing behind the machine and looking forward so the front would be nearest the front of the machine and the rear would be toward the rear of the machine.
This is a picture of the two filters. As you can tell by the picture I punch a hole in the 14070 filter. It is confusing because of the manual I was looking at shows the white one in the picture as the suction. The yellow also has HST filter stamped on it. So I thought I punched the wrong filter.

Attachments

• A9C65407-3AEC-4B91-967F-0E0C71CEC860.jpeg
    A9C65407-3AEC-4B91-967F-0E0C71CEC860.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i would remove the snap ring and cover from the charge pump and inspect the pump and especially the oring under the cover??? it could be sucking air at this point and not draw oil?

dtreid

You need to put a pressure gauge on the charge valve port at the back of tranny. If you can't build pressure there, I'd bet that the hst motor is shot in the tranny. I just did another one of these. Not a cheap fix, but cheaper than a new hst assembly.

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
You need to put a pressure gauge on the charge valve port at the back of tranny. If you can't build pressure there, I'd bet that the hst motor is shot in the tranny. I just did another one of these. Not a cheap fix, but cheaper than a new hst assembly.
So what is a round ball park figure to do this if it is the case?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
would you share the source and part number thread size etc for the adapters and gauges? i agree a set of high and low pressure test gauges would be beneficial.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
this is probably a good place to drop this information----- i fyou are inclined to tinker and are willing to spend a little money on tools??? with a set of test gauges an accurate cheap laser tach and laser thermometer and some basic hand tools wrenches vicegrips screwdrivers etc you can adjust the drivetrain on your HST driven Kubota RTV to the limit of factory spec and the performance change will amaze you. there is a specific temperature of the oil and rpm of the engine that easy to check and then adjusting the relief valves is real easy. it is amazing to me just how out of spec a brand new RTV is adjusted at the factory. in my opinion every dealer should be authorized before the point of sale to adjust every machine they sell before the customer buys. also of note that if you don't use the OEM transmission oil the pressure spec will not be accurate.

Reactions: Doc

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
i would remove the snap ring and cover from the charge pump and inspect the pump and especially the oring under the cover??? it could be sucking air at this point and not draw oil?
I will try doing this, this afternoon. I did run the engine some last night and shift through the gears and I opened the reservoir tank and I could see the fluid moving toward the engine. I then opened the transmission tank. When I looked down into the tank I could see some gears and they were not moving while in gear. When I rocked the buggy in gear, the gears would move.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the oil moving in the tank under the seat is the power steering and bed lift circulating. the gears will only move if driven by the hst or as you did by moving the machine back and forth. if you don't have a charge pressure oil the swash plate won't tilt and the rotating valve assembly won't fill so no movement.

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
the oil moving in the tank under the seat is the power steering and bed lift circulating. the gears will only move if driven by the hst or as you did by moving the machine back and forth. if you don't have a charge pressure oil the swash plate won't tilt and the rotating valve assembly won't fill so no movement.
Got it. Thanks for taking the time to educate. I have learned a lot from you and others already.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
this is probably a good place to drop this information----- i fyou are inclined to tinker and are willing to spend a little money on tools??? with a set of test gauges an accurate cheap laser tach and laser thermometer and some basic hand tools wrenches vicegrips screwdrivers etc you can adjust the drivetrain on your HST driven Kubota RTV to the limit of factory spec and the performance change will amaze you. there is a specific temperature of the oil and rpm of the engine that easy to check and then adjusting the relief valves is real easy. it is amazing to me just how out of spec a brand new RTV is adjusted at the factory. in my opinion every dealer should be authorized before the point of sale to adjust every machine they sell before the customer buys. also of note that if you don't use the OEM transmission oil the pressure spec will not be accurate.
Can you recommend a “cheap laser tach”…?? I tried a couple other types* and they simply are not reliable.
When I purchased my 2014 X900 I suspect the PO had adjusted the idle-screw “down” to what he thought a diesel should idle at (….i.e., so slow it vibrated excessively)…. so I readjusted it back up to the point the think idled much more smoothly…. but only guessing it’s at the proper 1300 or so recommended.

*(vibration and injector-sensing types)

Weids

I was having the exact same issue as Gotmyrtvmike after replacing the diesel engine in my 2009 1140. When the rear end was jacked up the tires would spin in Low and Reverse for about 60 seconds while engine was cold but then after getting warm the HST would seemingly lose all pressure. Seemed like a high-pressure let-off issue but everything had been gone through to no avail. Finally caved and took it to local dealer and they very quickly realized I had swapped the order of the two external filters on the HST. Apparently these two filters have reverse "flow" functionality from each other and my "suction" filter wasn't able to suck...haha. Stupid me. Anyway, cheap fix. They slapped me on the wrist for having tweaked my servo and they went ahead and adjusted all of my throttle cables and servo adjustment...etc so its all dialed in. $300 in labor and problem solved. Check those two filters to make sure you have them in the correct order.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I was having the exact same issue as Gotmyrtvmike after replacing the diesel engine in my 2009 1140. When the rear end was jacked up the tires would spin in Low and Reverse for about 60 seconds while engine was cold but then after getting warm the HST would seemingly lose all pressure. Seemed like a high-pressure let-off issue but everything had been gone through to no avail. Finally caved and took it to local dealer and they very quickly realized I had swapped the order of the two external filters on the HST. Apparently these two filters have reverse "flow" functionality from each other and my "suction" filter wasn't able to suck...haha. Stupid me. Anyway, cheap fix. They slapped me on the wrist for having tweaked my servo and they went ahead and adjusted all of my throttle cables and servo adjustment...etc so its all dialed in. $300 in labor and problem solved. Check those two filters to make sure you have them in the correct order.
what was your reasoning to tweek the servo? and yes about the filters---never go by color alone for the filter placement...i have seen the kubota filters exchange colors several times---always use the filter number. thanks for sharing

Weids

what was your reasoning to tweek the servo? and yes about the filters---never go by color alone for the filter placement...i have seen the kubota filters exchange colors several times---always use the filter number. thanks for sharing
Tweaking the servo was my last ditch effort to see if I could get power to the wheels. It was literally the last thing I tried. Did an entire engine swap and several upgrades to the machine, and ended up getting everything put back together correctly except for those two filters being in the reversed order 🤦‍♂️. And yes, the color was what got me goofed up...the new ones were the opposite colors as the previous two.

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
Great suggestion

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
Hey guys, I am back at trying to get my 1120d running. The fly wheel cover was busted so I replaced. I heated up the engine and no movement. I pulled the top filter off and there is no oil getting to it. Is there a way to prime the hst or any ideas on my next step?
Thanks

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
first check the easy stuff.... put it in neutral on a flat surface and see it it rolls easy? if it does then the brakes arent seized. in order for it to move in gear the hst speed lever must travel free and not spin on the shaft...not so common but check anyway. while your back there check the high pressure relief poppet to make sure it releases and resets properly. might lube it and cycle it a few times also. check these things and check back??? please? jack up the rear wheels off of the ground put in gear and throttle up to see if the rear wheels will spin without resistance??
Hey aurthurits, now back at getting my 1120d moving. The high pressure relief poppet- where is it and how do I test it?

Attachments

• 9E34D0CC-FA28-428F-B347-C10DE32F9D6C.jpeg
    9E34D0CC-FA28-428F-B347-C10DE32F9D6C.jpeg
    687.5 KB · Views: 18

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey aurthurits, now back at getting my 1120d moving. The high pressure relief poppet- where is it and how do I test it?
Here is a picture of the high pressure relief valve. When looking from the back it is on the passenger side near the top. Where it touches the actuator there needs to be a slight air gap. It also needs to move in and out freely. When you press on the brake pedal it relieves the pressure so you can move the gear shift lever. If it is stuck in then you won't generate any pressure to drive the trans.

Attachments

• popit.png
    popit.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19

Gotmyrtvmike

Gold Site Supporter
Here is a picture of the high pressure relief valve. When looking from the back it is on the passenger side near the top. Where it touches the actuator there needs to be a slight air gap. It also needs to move in and out freely. When you press on the brake pedal it relieves the pressure so you can move the gear shift lever. If it is stuck in then you won't generate any pressure to drive the trans.
Great. I will check that.